Need ideas for this mod

Started by zirmitra, January 24, 2013, 09:48

zirmitra

So Rubber sent me his Custom Monster and i loved it to a point where i wanted to experiment with it and edit it.

Its mostly Rubbers, i just lowered it a bit, and sized the wheels to about 38"s
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Its Got a fairly mean stance
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Probably gonna scrap those shocks and add different ones, along with the axles
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Ideas for what I should add are welcomed.

Ethan

all you need to do is just change the colors of the shocks and it will just look Better... maybe change to rims out or the color of the rims themselves

Rubber

Raise the wheel dummies because the wheels are in the ground. Also, maybe texture the wheels.

zirmitra

Decided to change the shocks and axles completely.
Raising the Wheel dummies didn't help; I think their sinking because the wheel model in ZMod is bigger than the default wheel - I have no idea how to fix this.

Heres how it stands.
Sorry about the horrible attachments - got lazy.

Ethan

MUCH better but it would look better (IMHO) if you just have two shocks instead of three

[hide=like this one]

[/hide]

[hide=OR this, with no shocks]

[/hide]

[hide=colored shocks][/hide]

[hide=you could always do this to it,]
lambo style
[/hide]
[hide=funny car][/hide]

RaceRX

put the old shocks back on. springs look nasty. and scale the shocks to a smaller size. theyre oversized even for a monster truck. and make the wheels wider.... and scrap the underbody and scratch make a new one. or steal a semi truck one and just make the transfer case and front axel and shit like that. could easily be done with a rear axel.
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice

zirmitra

Yeah i just took the extra ones off, I was thinking about taking off the leaf springs and connecting the axles to the center of the truck somewhere, similar to the first picture you posted.
-Gonna have to try that out.

zirmitra

Quote from: Noah Blake on January 27, 2013, 04:44
put the old shocks back on. springs look nasty. and scale the shocks to a smaller size. theyre oversized even for a monster truck. and make the wheels wider.... and scrap the underbody and scratch make a new one. or steal a semi truck one and just make the transfer case and front axel and shit like that. could easily be done with a rear axel.
I'm not trying to make it a "Monster" Truck, just a Lifted Pickup. And if i make the wheels any wider they phase through the springs, forcing me to move the dummies 'outwards' which looks rediculous as hell-I just wish i could fix the damn wheel-through-ground problem without making the wheels smaller. I like the springs on this, but i'll try downsizing the shocks, it might look better. As for the underbody, I'll keep it on this version, might take it off for the Monster version.

I'm only new to ZMod so Its a learning process.

Rubber

Completely off topic, but Zirm, contact me. My friend just bought a '74 Bronco. Thought you would like to know. 302 with 3 on the floor.

MikeMan

Rubber thanks for letting me know

zirmitra

Think i'm done with it for now, maybe a bit of texturing here and there.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

RaceRX

Quote from: zirmitra on January 30, 2013, 23:49
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
im gonna make you a set of nicer wheels and tires.
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice

Ethan

Quote from: Noah Blake on January 31, 2013, 00:46

please do, and it looks 100% better zirm

zirmitra

[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Whats wrong with the tires? their badass, look alot like super swampers too. But if you can make something better (I don't want wheels with more Rim than Rubber.) that'd be sweet.
And thanks Ethan

RaceRX

Quote from: zirmitra on January 31, 2013, 03:47
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Whats wrong with the tires? their badass, look alot like super swampers too. But if you can make something better (I don't want wheels with more Rim than Rubber.) that'd be sweet.
And thanks Ethan
ill make a style of swamper tires with beadlockers.

Nice