What is going on with the server? Public Complaint - Take Action

Started by TheFluttershyPony, January 22, 2013, 15:21

MikeMan

Quote from: TheFluttershyPony on January 22, 2013, 15:21

Supported by one member of the staff team, I decided to start a topic with our public complaint about new server location.

Server's displacement did not change a thing in how it works and if I were to make a fair judgement, I would say that its stability is 10x worse than the previous one's. Moving the server to Arizona made playing an unpleasant experience for those living in the Europe. The game is laggy and our pings have raised significantly (mine - from average 64 to average 212). However, it would be bareable if the server was more or less stable and working - it is not. It crashes all the time, the lags for all players are huge - let me refer to yesterday when both me and Mr.Benny tried to organize a carshow and both of our events were interupted by an enormous lag and a crash. The day before, in an one hour time of me being (or trying to be) in game, the server crashed four times (basically each time I managed to start a mission and the server crashed, and again, and again).

Thus, I would like to make a public request for Mick to think about some improvements.
Mick, with all respect to you and what you have done (which, btw, I regard as an enormous achievement and a fantastic thing in general), if the situation with the server continues, we might expect many farewells from the community since we cannot (and I am not exaggerating here) play anymore.

At the same time I would like anyone thinking the same as me to leave his/her voice in a post below. Let Mick know that we care about the server and something has to be done.

So pretty much, screw the American and Western and Aussie Players? lol...

Rainbow

Quote from: Bangor on January 26, 2013, 20:59
Quote from: TheFluttershyPony on January 22, 2013, 15:21

Supported by one member of the staff team, I decided to start a topic with our public complaint about new server location.

Server's displacement did not change a thing in how it works and if I were to make a fair judgement, I would say that its stability is 10x worse than the previous one's. Moving the server to Arizona made playing an unpleasant experience for those living in the Europe. The game is laggy and our pings have raised significantly (mine - from average 64 to average 212). However, it would be bareable if the server was more or less stable and working - it is not. It crashes all the time, the lags for all players are huge - let me refer to yesterday when both me and Mr.Benny tried to organize a carshow and both of our events were interupted by an enormous lag and a crash. The day before, in an one hour time of me being (or trying to be) in game, the server crashed four times (basically each time I managed to start a mission and the server crashed, and again, and again).

Thus, I would like to make a public request for Mick to think about some improvements.
Mick, with all respect to you and what you have done (which, btw, I regard as an enormous achievement and a fantastic thing in general), if the situation with the server continues, we might expect many farewells from the community since we cannot (and I am not exaggerating here) play anymore.

At the same time I would like anyone thinking the same as me to leave his/her voice in a post below. Let Mick know that we care about the server and something has to be done.

So pretty much, screw the American and Western and Aussie Players? lol...

Not even going to comment on this one and risk being moderated, but I will say, the stereotype shoe is on the other foot now and give you a +1 Bangor xD.

The_Inventor

For those players complaining of previously having 60 ping and now having 200 ping
PLEASE STOP COMPLAINING.

I used to have 400+ and always getting messages of high ping and the game never crashed due to it being high. I did occasionally get kicked.
I now have a ping of around 260 and the game still doesnt crash.

I say keep the server where it currently is. At least it wont be down for a week due to DDOS attacks!

GHOST

I have only 2 problems since the new SAMP update appeared:
1. lag increased
2. first problem is nothing compared to this one. I can't run the game with more then 3-4 mods because it will crash in WC (apparently I'm not the only who has this problem). It took me a lot of time to come up with a stable configuration of mods that won't make the game to crash, when I finally got that right, the Update fucked everything up.

nyolc8

Quote from: GHOST on February 03, 2013, 13:51
1. lag increased
This.

Also my ping from ~200 jumped to ~220 since 0.3x. And I hoped for less lagg...  :-\
I think the server is nearly losing the fun-factor because of the laggs...

I hope the new island won't cause more laggs... :o

Konali

Quote from: nyolc8 on February 03, 2013, 16:50
1. lag increased
This.

Also my ping from ~200 jumped to ~220 since 0.3x. And I hoped for less lagg...  :-\
I think the server is nearly losing the fun-factor because of the laggs...

I hope the new island won't cause more laggs... :o
Haha i dont know, it has alot of objects thats for sure.
BUT, only objects in X range close to you will be streamed in, so it should be the same as eyre/fir/sandus :P
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Matias

Since 0.3x i cant feel server lag anymore. Also it goes much more smoother than it was with 0.3e, so far this client fixed some problems with networking.

Blitz_FR

1. lag increased
2. first problem is nothing compared to this one. I can't run the game with more then 3-4 mods because it will crash in WC (apparently I'm not the only who has this problem). It took me a lot of time to come up with a stable configuration of mods that won't make the game to crash, when I finally got that right, the Update fucked everything up.

Same problem as you, since the 0.3x i can't use my Scania & Trailer mod when i come in WC. Before this problem doesn't exist it work perfectlyn no lag, no freeze etc ... , it's really annoying to use the basic Road Train now :/

Biszy

well i like the server where it is. If it gets move back to Europe i will not be able to play again. and I hate that cause i love this server. my internet aint the greatest. and i don't have money for better internet due to my unfortunate job situation. I really want to continue playing on this server. but if it ever does, like I said I will not be able to play anymore cause all I would have is ping kicks and dysyncing.
Biszy

GHOST

I just want to be able to use my mods...fuck the lag, fuck everything else, as long the game is playable everything is cool for me. But not being able to use mods, that's a no-go for me.

Boy

Quote from: samgt13 on February 03, 2013, 18:57
1. lag increased

Same problem as you, since the 0.3x i can't use my Scania & Trailer mod when i come in WC. Before this problem doesn't exist it work perfectlyn no lag, no freeze etc ... , it's really annoying to use the basic Road Train now :/
Well, finally i know my problem of crashing my game in WC.. every convoy fails with the new SAMP update :(

Uninstalling mods atm.. :(

Goodbye my friends :3
Quote from: Konali on January 14, 2014, 21:56
The reason we had so many dutch staff members is because dutch people generally are calm and chill. Just like jamaicans:) If we get mad, we rather first get weed and then rage:)

Dobby

I've been able to use all my mods (the ones I've posted) without a hitch, there was a few opcodes, but they're all re installed with no problems, WC loads fine for me :) except when the servers full
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!