Small simple suggestion about the securicars

Started by Konali, January 11, 2013, 17:17

Konali

First of all, im doing this for the rookies :D

I think pretty much every day when i am online, i see someone asking: '' Where to find a securicar?''

Well as we all know, they are next to the banks., My suggestion is, wouldn't make more sense when those , or some securicars would be replaced/placed at the truck depots, where the wannabes and rookies spawn in the first place.

For us experienced players its easy to say where they are, but very often rookies then dont have a clue what your talking about.

As i said, small simple suggestion:)
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Ethan

I would have to second this motion.

LS bank, add them at fallen tree
LV bank, add them to linden, LVA or blackfield (not all three)
SF bank, already there
WC/Fir island bank, add to LSI or Fir garage

Mirza965

I understand why the suggestion is made, but i feel that the really new players have no interest in securicars. They are used mostly later to get the achievement and that's all. I don't see why they would be attractive to them, because those things drive like a stone brick, plus the thief's and all would confuse them. After doing a couple of missions with the trucks that we have now at the depos they pretty much get where those are parked because they drive past them.

Konali

Quote from: Mirza965 on January 11, 2013, 17:38
I understand why the suggestion is made, but i feel that the really new players have no interest in securicars. They are used mostly later to get the achievement and that's all. I don't see why they would be attractive to them, because those things drive like a stone brick, plus the thief's and all would confuse them. After doing a couple of missions with the trucks that we have now at the depos they pretty much get where those are parked because they drive past them.

Makes perfect sense, and i kinda agree, however not just wannabes, but rookies( players with lets sat 100 score) want to try it out to see, and thats the moment when we get questions like: where is a securicar:)

And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Tyler

[23:19:46] (CB:16) Fish: thats going in my sig

Terrorista310

Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

$nake

Quote from: Terrorista310 on January 11, 2013, 18:15
Quote from: tyler12 on January 11, 2013, 18:01
Or add a gps to the bank.

/gps ls bank

/gps lv bank

/gps sf bank
^ that

or kona's idea :) like 2-3 per truck depot :)

Dobby

I'd love to agree, but even the experienced players struggle to drive them, personally, I can't stand them. Handle like a brick, no offence to the decent rookies (there's a few) most of them will spawn @ LVA jump in one, and do the typical "pedal to the metal" and forget how crappy they are at turning. So for me, its 50/50
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Deff

I agree with Mirza to some extent in this case and,
wannabes wouldn't even know whether they should use a dumper trailer or a arctic trailer, so I agree they wouldn't bother about securi car either, when they will come to know such a mission exists too, then they can just ask in mainchat/admin/forum help section. So as they gain experience in server they will slowly start to get familiar with it, I don't think its a good idea to show most of the server features to a wannabe or rookie in the beginning, that would just confuse him , its really easy to get into truck and type /work and start playing, that is what wannabes want simple and easy without needing to think which truck/mission they should chose, more features are for experienced players who need more new things to do, simplicity is better for wannabes.

However ethan got a point too, and btw, even I don't know where are secruity vans (playing since quite a few years) and I don't even know where is the location of all banks? :o But then again I can simply ask when needed, point in this suggestion is to reduce the amount of questions asked.

Spekter

I like both Konali's and Terror's ideas, but i still think a few securicars should be added on certain truck depots. The current ones at the banks don't have to be removed.

Daniel[COL]

Quote from: Sveki on January 12, 2013, 16:45
I like both Konali's and Terror's ideas, but i still think a few securicars should be added on certain truck depots. The current ones at the banks don't have to be removed.

+1 Like one or two per truck depot...

"I don't care what people think or say about me, I know who I am." -Jonathan Davis (KoRn)
[country]Colombia[/country] [country]Colombia[/country] :3 C O L O M B I A :3 [country]Colombia[/country] [country]Colombia[/country]

Konali

Ah just because someone is still a wannabe or a rookie doesnt mean they are not interested in doing bank missions. Its quite unique so i can understand they want to try to when they see securicars passing, hence the questions in main chat.

But as i said, its a small simple suggestion and not a priority :)

I like /gps bank to :D

TheShetlandSheepdog

Or add in /gps such things to what find where?

mamorunl

/help > where to find securicars DONE.

Every depot has its use. A bank is for securicars or a depot especially for securicars (like the depot in SF, where there is currently 1 securicar). If a player wants to find it elsewhere closeby, they can buy it.

As far as rookies go: do you really want more of those rammers in securicars? Do you want newbies handling your money? I am more in favour of making a securicar available to drive after a set KMs driven or after 100 truckloads or something.

DJ_Smashon

A.K.A NaftaTorque
Old ID=9149

Twido

easiest thing is to use /gps bank or sth like that and find the nearest depot/bank with securicars. Same with truckdepots

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

kukimaki

Quote from: Twido on January 13, 2013, 12:04
easiest thing is to use /gps bank or sth like that and find the nearest depot/bank with securicars. Same with truckdepots
Tell this to a rookie. :D

Anyways, rookies should do truck missions, and even if not, it's not a big deal to tell them securicar locations ingame.

Dobby

Sorry to post here again, but doesn't it state "100 truck loads, or fuel" not along them exact lines but, if a rookie, or a wannabe wanted a house and they found out, wouldn't they want to focus on getting the ability instead of mastering the securicars? I've only ever done 1/2, I hate them and it'll be the last acheivement i earn.

Edit- Changed "artic" for "fuel" damn my mistakes
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Konali

Sure but you guys are forgetting one crucial point, nobody is forced to start with truck missions.
Some rookies like to get arrested by cops, turns them on perhaps who knows.
Some like to do tow truck missions or just off road.

Offcourse, truck missions would make sense to do so, but once again, nobody is forced to do them, hence the questions @ main chat about the place of the securicars.  I think adding banks to the gps would be a cool solution :)

But as  i said, it is not a priority, but it would make sense to me, since mick wants to be ''newb- friendly'' :)

Bruno_2MLG4CT

Or add new skin, Bankar which will spawn in the banks where are spawned securicars :)
Maybe this one > http://wiki.sa-mp.com/wiki/Image:Skin_187.png

Credits to our slave Sorin

Quote from: Konali
turtle, you as much an asslicker than everyone else, everytime you get reported, you message me on xfire or facebook

Quote from: Taylor Swift#DemotSurpm

Konali

Quote from: brane on January 14, 2013, 15:53
Or add new skin, Bankar which will spawn in the banks where are spawned securicars :)

You mean a new class?  would work to, especially usefull for admins, because it would be easier to seperate the securicar truckers from normaltruckers cause they have a different class.

TruckLover1337

Quote from: Konali on January 14, 2013, 15:55
Quote from: brane on January 14, 2013, 15:53

You mean a new class?  would work to, especially usefull for admins, because it would be easier to seperate the securicar truckers from normaltruckers cause they have a different class.

+1 , I would like that update ;)

Rockey

Or just allow players to spawn outside banks?

TheShetlandSheepdog