Movement of server ...

Started by iPrivate, December 23, 2012, 16:23

Spekter

I can't tell how is the server going to function in peak time (99 players) but when there is 60-70 people online, i got no packetloss and everything is just fine, despite the ping being around 200ms.

So far, so good. I hope it won't change for the worse.

TheSandman

I was in a convoy yesyerday, or the day before with Europeans and Americans, and there no noticeable lag, despite me probably having the highest ping. You just have to give a little more distance between other trucks.
When we were on European host, i could do /network, which displays the server network stats, (Much like F5, but for the server.) I would see aroung 3-5% packetloss total.
I did that here, in peak time, and saw 0.2%.
Haydz also told me that Pilots Life is also hosted in Arizona by Volthost, he says he has excellent uptime because its a server location that isnt as popular.

To Euro's getting kicked, the ping limit is at 1000, so its very lenient, try closing other internet programs, and/or restarting your modem, leaving it off for 5-10 minutes. It might give you a fresh connection to the US.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Undercover

Quote from: R16RACA on December 24, 2012, 09:49
I would like to ask why everyone is complaining that their ping is over 200? Myself, Sandman and others have dealt with it fine for 2+ years now, so why cant you?

I completely agree with you.

Mr.Green

I like the new location of the server, my ping <200 now :)) :))

Benny

I love this host location, i was downloading something whit 300kb/s+ and playing CT, and i had only 400 ping, and no lag, i played normally,
before when we were in Uk or in france, i couldn't play cause of hight ping and lag. I :3 Arizona!  :3 USA :3
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

$nake

Quote from: Mr.Benny on December 27, 2012, 19:53
I love this host location, i was downloading something whit 300kb/s+ and playing CT, and i had only 400 ping, and no lag, i played normally,
before when we were in Uk or in france, i couldn't play cause of hight ping and lag. I :3 Arizona!  :3 USA :3
* $nake no downloading at PS3: 210 ping
* $nake downloading at PS3: 210 ping o.o

iPrivate

Lol , i lock this . This is going to be more like a chat for players then disscusing about this lol .

== Locked ==