News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Club Bases

Started by Rockey, December 16, 2012, 22:43

Do you like the current 'Club Base' system?

Yes
No
Kinda/Maybe

Rockey

Right first i would like to say this is not a 'sugggestion' but a converstation between players.

I would like to ask the players of CVT if they also feel the club base system needs some improvements?
Here is what i think; although i love the club system on cvt i do think the base system ruins the clubs. For starters clubs rarely ever become avalible and when they do are rushed and sold very quickly (from what i have seen) which makes it impossible to get hold of a club base. I do understnad how small clubs with little funds may be a pain when they buy bases as they cant keep them long but i do think the current system makes it to difficult to get a base in the first place due to lack of bases in the first place and then the fact they sell instantly

My solutions;
Map in more bases, there is many places where bases could be made
Add more variety of cost ranged bases
A system of bidding for a base
A system where a base que is used, you add you club to the list and who ever is on top of the list is shown a base and its cost and can either say they want or dont want it. if they dont its passed down to the next club

Let me know what you think and if you agree? maybe mick or another staff member will notice and attempt action :)

Dr_Doom

I agree . If admins decide on this I will post my mapped bases . I have about 10 simple.l & clean bases mapped out. I hope they agree. Some club founders have been waiting for a looooong time to get a chance to upgrade there club with a base.

TehEpixBraxy

[Spoiler]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.
[/spoiler]

Konali

I understand and i agree with you that it is hard to get a club base.
But as with houses above 2 slots, club bases are rare.

The way i see it, there are 4 possible solutions/areas where changes could be made:
-------------------------------------1)Pricing of the bases------------------------------------------------------------------
[hide=Pricing of the bases]
Some months ago, club prices got re-priced based on a system. This system is based on criteria and this means that if every base is being judged by the same person, they will be priced fairly based on a system. However, when we did re-price club bases we had two options 1) medium price settings 2) hard price settings
1) Prices are from 5.000.000- 26.000.000 max
2) Prices are from 7.000.000- 36.000.000 max

We chose for option one , because it is a fact that the only way to earn money for the club, is donating members. So making prices to high would possibly result into founders/club owners being busy with economuc management on a high level where this is a game.

If we would make update the rates to level 2, it means every club base will be raced with 2-10 mil. This means: on the short term: high increase in base purchase costs, 1 mil max on rent price costs is doable but alot too still.
I dont think, and i dont support the idea to raise prices as it will have alot effect on purchase prices, but little to no effect on the monthly prices. [/hide]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------2)Updating rules and requirements------------------------------------------
[hide=Rules and Requirements]

We could simply update the rules and requirements to own/purchase a base. This could mean that it would mean that only the clubs with 100( example) members and above would be able to buy a club. Or this could mean that a club needs to exist X days/weeks/months before it is able to purchase a price.

Many more possible offcourse but mostly this requires a gamemode change to along with it to make this happen. Please remember that[/hide]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------3) Mapping/Adding more bases-----------------------------------------------
[hide=Mapping/Adding more bases]

In SA:MP alot of things are limited, as icons, scriptpossibilities, parking spaces (parking metres that being used to houses/bases and parkings al together) and many other things.

So when things are limited, you have to make a choice, do i add a new base or is has a parking more priority.
Or what if i add my last resources to new club bases, and we cant support the new island(s) with resources as in parking metres or icons.  Things are limited. Not everything, but alot is. Mapping a base is not hard, finding a good location isnt a problem to, but it takes a really clever skilled mapper to make club base(s) in a way that they use hardly any limited resources.

I cant go into details because i dont know if mick allowes this. Hope you guys understand, that this is a solution, but it comes with troubleshooting and requirements, and it could spoil future plans.[/hide]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------4) Updating the gamemode with new features or edit current club base features------------------------
[hide=Updating/editting gamemode regarding club features]

For example, what if club bases:

• Get the same system as the house system ( green/red house icons). Or without icons but that it cant be bougth for X random days/hours.
  • Require Club founders to request a club base  on the forum, first person that requests the available base gets it.
  • AS said above: X members to be able to purchase the base in the first place.
  • Remove some unused truck parks/ alot? and make 1 giant truck park somewhere, and spend the rest on club bases. ( eventually, trucks will be either in the truck/car park(s) or in the new added bases that could be added due to the fact you saved parking size by deleting unused parkings.
  • If i am correct, parking size only works horizontally, meaning that this could be possible: Parking tower club bases : 1 huge enterable tower, seperated into parts for club zones/bases. Example: Emerald isle parking is enterable and could be divided into bases based on the floors, edditing it in a way that the way up and done must be free in all circumstances. But, this could also mess things up as in, member pparks his truck in a base where its not even member from.
Offcourse many more possible.[/hide]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another possible solution could be: Club watcher : Admin/moderator that only focusses on clubs and their recruiting behaviour , members etv ect etc And when it gets out of hand, and there are enough fatcs, he could take action if approved by other Admins.
Besides that, i want you guys to know:

• Just because a founder or co leader doesnt play anymore, it does not mean that there are no members that are still using the base and still donating monthly
  • Club bases cost alot of money, in some cases we can evict clubs from their base, but it is hard to do the right thing as you just might have wasted everything they ever worked for in their CT career.
  • Adding endless new houses or bases is not the answer, there will always be more demand for greater things than there is a supply for it. This because new players join more quickly than old important players with bases or rare houses quit.
Well i had much more in my mind, because i do understand how important this is for club owners, and i dont want them to see that they complain now and that they in the end fuck things up as in unreasonable prices or rules in the future.

In the end mick decides what needs to be done, all i can say left is that whatever happens, it has consequenses, please be aware of that.

Konali out
p.s: Konali for president 2013:)
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Supra

I like the idea of a parking tower, and I dont think people will park in clubs they are not member of. Also, if every base is closed in with gate, they wouldnt get in :)

You could also make a huge club area in map. Just like a city has "industrial area" , we could have a huge area with  only bases :)

Rockey

Wow thanks for the reply konali, gave me lots of information i did not know about and also maybe some good solutions, thanks :)

And Supra the idea of a 'base island' sounds good but only if it was done well, otherwise it could look horrid and not function well

Im glad a high staff member 'konali' has noticed this because maybe something could be done? there is many solutions is just finding the correct one

Storm94

Quote from: Konali on December 17, 2012, 00:24
In SA:MP alot of things are limited, as icons, scriptpossibilities, parking spaces (parking metres that being used to houses/bases and parkings al together) and many other things.
Untrue. This is an arbitrary limit set by the script.

I'm back, bitches :D

[glow=#282828,10,500]"I dislike Apple, so no." -mick88
"$nake honestly you are one arrogant prick." -Shane0
"The rest of you who I could consider trolls, just go fuck yourself." -Joshy
"TheGame, All I have to say is you complain a lot, and you're probally gonna be an even more arrogant, pompous jackass after this." -RaceRX
"I have a suggestion: Repost this in a respectful manner without caps, silly colors and big fonts, and perhaps someone will give a fuck about your complaint." -mick88
[/glow]

Can't read my quotes? Stop using the white style.