Why you can't be a trucker later/now?

Started by Jarno[NL], December 01, 2012, 10:15

Darth_Potter

Quote from: Dundee759 on December 01, 2012, 10:15
hire truckers from PL BG RO SK SLO RUS IT SPA POR,...

It's happening in america too, it's cause they are cheap labor. Lots of them can barely speak english which is required to have a cdl in america. Lots of companies from the suburban chicago area hires these drivers.

Darth_Potter

Quote from: Noah Blake on December 07, 2012, 03:40
Long haulers dont earn shit here

And your countless years working long haul proves this.

Clutch

Quote from: Darth_Potter on December 07, 2012, 03:58

I know Noah is right. You make more localy, than OTR, I know this, cause I do.  O0
Quote from: turtle.the.ripper on January 16, 2013, 16:25
I'd really LOVE to live in 'Merika .

I will for sure do the Romanian-American University after i finish my highschool and probabilly apply for a job there, but we gonna see what time decides .
Quote from: turtle.the.ripper on January 16, 2013, 21:34
i am 'merikan .

Darth_Potter

Quote from: Jabroni on December 07, 2012, 05:42

I know Noah is right. You make more localy, than OTR, I know this, cause I do.  O0
Not really. It's all about finding the right company.

Keolis

I love my job as a trucker:D
Now working for Heavy Load Service (HLS) Out of the netherlands:D

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

TheShetlandSheepdog

Sorry for bump.
Now there fell a bit snow 5 cm and conclusion: 250km 7 hours in the morning. No record,but .much

StarMaker[NL]

Great reason:
I like trucking but DJ is cooler
:fuckyeah:

Boy

Quote from: piemaster on December 02, 2012, 00:28
Quote from: droctogonapus on December 01, 2012, 22:43
I remember watching a documentary about truckers and I they said the whole USA would shutdown in 3 days without truckers
I definitely believe that.  America runs on trucks.  I personally wouldn't become a truck driver since the pay is lower than other jobs I could get, and I feel I would get bored of driving all day after about a month.  I'd also like to start a family one day, and if I was on the long haul, I would hardly be home.  I have all respect for truckers, but its just not the job for me.
Exactly the same situation as me.

Goodbye my friends :3
Quote from: Konali on January 14, 2014, 21:56
The reason we had so many dutch staff members is because dutch people generally are calm and chill. Just like jamaicans:) If we get mad, we rather first get weed and then rage:)

Shake

The situation on my country financially isn't great. Well, I could say it's really really bad. Every single job here gets a low payment, and truckers... Oh my. I got some really close friends that are/were (some quit because the payment was so low for the time that they were away from their families/friends), and they say it's awful. They say it's really fun and all, but at the end of a delivery/week/month/year, it's not worth being away so long, and don't get a good payment to fix it. I would LOVE to be a trucker, but I probably won't, and just work with computers (another thing I always liked). Trucking can be fun, but not in my country, since everyone knows they don't get payed well, but some can't leave trucking, because they just can't get another job in this country (another problem). Really hard to be a trucker nowadays. :(

BullDozer

I'm not so sure about elsewhere in the world, but in America trucking pays out pretty well. This is also very true when hurricanes hit the states, truckers can get payouts of $15,000 per load hauled. I remember back in '08 (I think) I went to Texas to help FEMA since my family was contracted by them to help haul large volumes of trees and brush. I knew a guy that was getting paid around $10,000 to haul various amounts of brush to Louisiana (the next state over). It has its benefits at certain times.

OT:

I wouldn't like to be a trucker, it just isn't me, I don't fit into that kind of lifestyle. If anything I'd like to be apart of FDOT (Florida Department of Transportation), they are state certified Law Enforcement Officers who specialize in big rigs and inspections and so fourth. But they have alot of power and pay well, only downfall for me is I just wouldn't want to pull over trucks all damn day.

SeraMondialu

Quote from: droctogonapus on December 01, 2012, 22:43
I remember watching a documentary about truckers and I they said the whole USA would shutdown in 3 days without truckers

all the world would shut down in 2-3 days without truckers/cargo-ships drivers . Because they make the world moving ;)

RaceRX

Quote from: Darth_Potter on December 10, 2012, 11:03

too bad my dads side of the family are ALL truckers and they tell me all about it becaause i wanna drive trucks.
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice

[BG]Kirka7a

I dont want to be a trucker because I am studying in school for business and tourism this was the first reason. The second reason is I dont want to be far away from my family for one fucking job and to drive all day and all night and to cant sleep like a normal people in their beds ;)

Laur

i dont like it .
1. even if i play on CT i don like trucking that much i like just virtual
2. i like trucking if i go with a person of my family just for fun, but no way to be a trucker , yes its a nice job , you see new places new things but here the payment 400-500Euro per month is shit because here food and others are very expensive .
and its too far from my job wich i would wanna to get

Darth_Potter

Quote from: Noah Blake on January 22, 2013, 06:15
Quote from: Darth_Potter on December 10, 2012, 11:03

too bad my dads side of the family are ALL truckers and they tell me all about it becaause i wanna drive trucks.

1) Too bad?

2) They tell you "all about it", What is it?

3) Your dads side of the family are ALL truckers? Grandma, great grandma, Aunts, grandpa, great grandpa, uncles.....etc etc

Were these questions you wanted someone to ask you? Because that reply is vague at best.