What's the goal of the administrators?

Started by GHOST, November 07, 2012, 10:30

Storm94

I'm back, bitches :D

[glow=#282828,10,500]"I dislike Apple, so no." -mick88
"$nake honestly you are one arrogant prick." -Shane0
"The rest of you who I could consider trolls, just go fuck yourself." -Joshy
"TheGame, All I have to say is you complain a lot, and you're probally gonna be an even more arrogant, pompous jackass after this." -RaceRX
"I have a suggestion: Repost this in a respectful manner without caps, silly colors and big fonts, and perhaps someone will give a fuck about your complaint." -mick88
[/glow]

Can't read my quotes? Stop using the white style.

mick88

Quote from: Storm94 on November 07, 2012, 23:47
I'm going to step into the shit storm.

As a PAWN scripter myself, I understand where mick is coming from -- to a point. For about 6 months I was the scripter of a server called Project: Los Angeles, which was a roleplay server, and when I started, the script was just under 90,000 lines. When I left, it was well over 110,000 lines. Point being, I added A LOT of new features to that script, but being that I was lead developer, I also dealt with suggestions. Heres an example. Player A wants me to rescript the nametag system. Well, I can do it, it's not a judge of my abilities, its a judge of work. Rescripting the nametag system for that script would have taken 5-10 man hours of work, because of how integral it was.

Now, on to CT, I imagine that in 30,000+ lines of CVT, many of the systems in CVT are very proprietary and scripted for ONE possible situation. Thats the luxury of making a specialized GM, you dont have to make it work with ANYTHING, as long as it can work with itself. Now, when you start adding in some of the things that are suggested, many times it would require an entire RESCRIPT of a core system, which takes A LOT of time and effort.

Pile on to that that mick is in college full time and has very little time for this server, you get a standstill in development. Now, I would love to offer my services to mick, but the fact that he doesn't want anyone to help him, coupled with my less than perfect reputation with this server, it probably will never happen.

Now do you understand? Until you actually start scripting, you have absolutely ZERO right to bitch about anything related to it. It is not easy, PAWN is an old and outdated language adapted to a game that isn't perfect by far, so writing certain systems is many, many times harder than it should be, like if SA-MP supported LUA or some other, more modern and more standard language.

/rage

It's not that bad, really. As long as I like the idea, I am easily motivated to make any changes, because I love programming, and i doesn't take me much time as I am a fast coder. But right now I am devoting my time to other projects, which have higher priorities to me at the moment. CT is just one of my projects, but without the doubt it's the biggest one and I am very proud of it.

I find a day or two once in a while to work on it, but apart from adding new features there are things invisible to players that need improving, like optimizing my early parts of the GM, moving some data from textfiles to database, adding admin features. That if anyone is wondering why there's no changelog. Public changelog is only for changes affecting the players.

Terrorista310

Quote from: mick88 on November 08, 2012, 10:53
CT is just one of my projects, but without the doubt it's the biggest one and I am very proud of it.

:3
Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

Storm94

Quote from: mick88 on November 08, 2012, 10:53
Quote from: Storm94 on November 07, 2012, 23:47
I'm going to step into the shit storm.

As a PAWN scripter myself, I understand where mick is coming from -- to a point. For about 6 months I was the scripter of a server called Project: Los Angeles, which was a roleplay server, and when I started, the script was just under 90,000 lines. When I left, it was well over 110,000 lines. Point being, I added A LOT of new features to that script, but being that I was lead developer, I also dealt with suggestions. Heres an example. Player A wants me to rescript the nametag system. Well, I can do it, it's not a judge of my abilities, its a judge of work. Rescripting the nametag system for that script would have taken 5-10 man hours of work, because of how integral it was.

Now, on to CT, I imagine that in 30,000+ lines of CVT, many of the systems in CVT are very proprietary and scripted for ONE possible situation. Thats the luxury of making a specialized GM, you dont have to make it work with ANYTHING, as long as it can work with itself. Now, when you start adding in some of the things that are suggested, many times it would require an entire RESCRIPT of a core system, which takes A LOT of time and effort.

Pile on to that that mick is in college full time and has very little time for this server, you get a standstill in development. Now, I would love to offer my services to mick, but the fact that he doesn't want anyone to help him, coupled with my less than perfect reputation with this server, it probably will never happen.

Now do you understand? Until you actually start scripting, you have absolutely ZERO right to bitch about anything related to it. It is not easy, PAWN is an old and outdated language adapted to a game that isn't perfect by far, so writing certain systems is many, many times harder than it should be, like if SA-MP supported LUA or some other, more modern and more standard language.

/rage

It's not that bad, really. As long as I like the idea, I am easily motivated to make any changes, because I love programming, and i doesn't take me much time as I am a fast coder. But right now I am devoting my time to other projects, which have higher priorities to me at the moment. CT is just one of my projects, but without the doubt it's the biggest one and I am very proud of it.

I find a day or two once in a while to work on it, but apart from adding new features there are things invisible to players that need improving, like optimizing my early parts of the GM, moving some data from textfiles to database, adding admin features. That if anyone is wondering why there's no changelog. Public changelog is only for changes affecting the players.
Mick quoted my rant :D

I'm back, bitches :D

[glow=#282828,10,500]"I dislike Apple, so no." -mick88
"$nake honestly you are one arrogant prick." -Shane0
"The rest of you who I could consider trolls, just go fuck yourself." -Joshy
"TheGame, All I have to say is you complain a lot, and you're probally gonna be an even more arrogant, pompous jackass after this." -RaceRX
"I have a suggestion: Repost this in a respectful manner without caps, silly colors and big fonts, and perhaps someone will give a fuck about your complaint." -mick88
[/glow]

Can't read my quotes? Stop using the white style.

OP

ELM does'nt give you v health at all, only lets you drive when you have no fuel
OP= Overpowered

TheSandman

Quote from: SlenderMan on November 13, 2012, 02:46
And its a mod other people can see, therefore, disallowed.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

OP

Quote from: TheSandman on November 13, 2012, 05:08
Quote from: SlenderMan on November 13, 2012, 02:46
And its a mod other people can see, therefore, disallowed.

:ukiddn: i like i dont know that  :seriously_guy:
OP= Overpowered

Lindsey

Quote from: GHOST on November 07, 2012, 10:30
QuoteAll my posts are addressed to mick since I just found out that he's the ONLY person in charge of the development of the server. Apparently admins got offended because they thought I'm talking about them.

I have a very simple curiosity, 99.9% of the suggestions are being denied and locked (moderators show us a thread in which the admin listed all the things that have been requested and denied). After reading that thread, I noticed that every imaginary suggestion that we might have is listed there...in other words there's nothing left to suggest and that means: Suggestions Thread is purely for esthetics.

My curiosity is very simple, I want to read some "competent" reasons for which every single suggestion is being denied. And I don't want answers like "it can't be done" because a lot of the suggestions CAN BE DONE !!!

Oh, and special greetings to the one who's going to lock the topic because my topic content isn't what the administration board would like to hear/read.

I was an moderator for over 18 months, and then an administrator for a couple of months, so i know for a fact that there is no hidden agenda or god complex here.

The staff are reading all threads and checking to see if they conform to what is needed, if it's already been suggested and denied, it's just not accepted this is how mick88 operates, the owner and operator of CVT.

I could have stayed a member of staff, moderator, however it would have been pointless.

I don't need to be a staff member to tell you that you're wrong here.
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]