A Notepad ingame

Started by Rockey, August 16, 2012, 18:08

mrtrlt

$nake

Toux

Quote from: rockey96 on August 16, 2012, 20:27
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on August 16, 2012, 20:26
Sorry for the stupid question but if it hasn't been added already, how were you able to take a picture?

I edited it myself in paint  :biggrin:
Paint?? Pretty good editing if you did it in MC paint  :biggrin:

FaZe1337Sajmon420PL

F4LL

+1 I think is useful.

Deff

Quote from: Ethan on August 17, 2012, 03:18
its been suggested before, last year some time..
http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,6309.0.html, and I believe Mick replied to it and since nothing has been done about it, he wont add it... but -1 since you have handy paper and pencil
The era of paper and pencil is outdated. You normally store data on a hard disk these days (if you are not that much into computers),
or you make a database system and use query languages.

So +1 for the ingame notepad.

Joshy

Why can't you all use Notepad, the application that comes built into Windows?

Anyway, it can only work line-by-line as there is no multi-line textbox in SA-MP so it will be frustrating anyway, especially when there's a program built into your operating system to do it for you.

But seriously, notepad.exe.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Rockey

Quote from: Joshy on August 17, 2012, 13:49

Anyway, it can only work line-by-line as there is no multi-line textbox in SA-MP so it will be frustrating anyway, especially when there's a program built into your operating system to do it for you.

The whole idea of it was for it to make using a notepad styled application 'ingame' so everything is stored there for you to get easy access to

Ethan

Quote from: rockey96 on August 17, 2012, 14:54
The whole idea of it was for it to make using a notepad styled application 'ingame' so everything is stored there for you to get easy access to

so you want notepad.exe (which you have on your computer right now) made to be usable in SAMP.. ha thats NEVER going to happen my friend.. A usable SAMP version of notepad, good luck with finding someone who will/can program that for you

Dr_dog

why not just have paper and pencil near you?
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Ethan

Quote from: Ethan on August 17, 2012, 03:18
but -1 since you have handy paper and pencil

Quote from: Dr_dog on August 17, 2012, 15:28
why not just have paper and pencil near you?

we agree on something, plus how hard would it be to right it down and then when your done actually use notepad to save it

Rockey

Quote from: Ethan on August 17, 2012, 15:22

so you want notepad.exe (which you have on your computer right now) made to be usable in SAMP.. ha thats NEVER going to happen my friend.. A usable SAMP version of notepad, good luck with finding someone who will/can program that for you

Im not saying make an exact copy of notepad :ukiddn:
I just thought having it ingame would make life easyer for everyone who would use it..

Joshy

Quote from: Joshy on August 17, 2012, 13:49

Well the problem is that since in-game it will be line-by-line, it will probably be somewhat harder to script and more difficult to use. I don't mind the idea personally, but the line-by-line thing is a real turn off.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)