Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

need gpu recomendations

Started by droctogonapus, July 13, 2012, 05:15

droctogonapus

no point in getting a 6850.  My cpu would hold its performance back

╭━━━━━━━━━╮╭┓┈┈┏╮
┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┃┃╰╮╭╯┃(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Fuck Tables.
┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┃╰━┓┏━╯ 
┃┈┈┈┈┈-●┈┈┈╰━━╯┃
┣━━━━━━╯┈┈┈┈┈┈┃
╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
Its a whale.  Computer Specs[spoiler]
Video card: Asus AMD R9 270 + Gigabyte GeForce GT 620 1 GB (Physx Card)
CPU: AMD FX 6300
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0
HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black 7200rpm
Case: Zalman Z9 Plus
PSU: Corsair Professional Series HX650 Modular Power Supply
Memory: Amd Radeon Entertainment Series 16GB DDR3 1600 CL9[/spoiler]

mrtrlt

Drocto. I have the exact same pc.

I have asked lots of people about upgrading it and its pointless. You'd need to upgrade the cpu, motherboard and power supply before you can chuck a decent new gpu in there. You're better off and in the end and Cheaper off buying a better pc imo.

PS: Mine has 4 cores and it still wasnt recommended.

RaceRX

your computer probally wouldnt run V anyway. Start savin and build a computer. SAVE YOUR HDD / CD DRIVE and use them in a new computer. I built mine for 640$. I could have spent less and been okay. I bet V will be easier for computers to run than IV because IV was POORLY coded for PC
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice

mrtrlt

Quote from: RaceRX96 on July 16, 2012, 05:58I bet V will be easier for computers to run than IV because IV was POORLY coded for PC

Thankyou!

Mr.Kangaroo

Upgrading your gpu would be easy. I dont see any need to upgrade anything else, because a 6850 would run basically perfectly with those specs you have.
**And matt, you have Intel quad 1st Gen, and only @ 2.4Ghz, so how's it the exact same?**
Gold iPhone 5S - Silver iPad Air

Mr.Kangaroo

Quote from: RaceRX96 on July 16, 2012, 05:58
your computer probally wouldnt run V anyway. Start savin and build a computer. SAVE YOUR HDD / CD DRIVE and use them in a new computer. I built mine for 640$. I could have spent less and been okay. I bet V will be easier for computers to run than IV because IV was POORLY coded for PC
Oh really now? Tell me more...
Gold iPhone 5S - Silver iPad Air