Modding tutorial using Zmodeler

Started by Rubber, May 20, 2012, 05:08

ihatetn931

I can do a tut for 3ds max since i'm good with that. Even tho 3ds max is more of an advance software then zmod.

Rubber

not to mention, 3DS is more expensive, harder to obtain, takes longer to learn, and comes from my least favorite software company...Autodesk.

Irish

Actually I'd love a tutorial on how to edit vehicles that are already in the game, for example the roadtrain, how to simply add extra objects/text/designs etc. youtube is full of clustered tuts on how to change the rims of cars and their not helpful at all.

Vinny

Quote from: Irish on June 10, 2012, 19:29
Actually I'd love a tutorial on how to edit vehicles that are already in the game, for example the roadtrain, how to simply add extra objects/text/designs etc. youtube is full of clustered tuts on how to change the rims of cars and their not helpful at all.

Exactly what i want to know: How to add textures on the .dff file (with Zmodeler ?)
Example: i want to add flames on the side of the road train, how to do it ?

From this:

How to get this (for example):

("Road Train" and "Hello" things was added to the screenshot, not displayed on the mod)

Because there is nothing to add in both txd files:

This is what would really help me :D
Thanks
Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

Matheus

Vinny, you cant edit your Roadtrain when it is all white.
You need to export the textures from rdtrain.txd to the roadtrain.dff folder and the textures from vehicle.txd inside the Generic folder in models to the same place.

Vinny

Quote from: Matheus on June 10, 2012, 21:43
You need to export the textures from rdtrain.txd to the roadtrain.dff folder and the textures from vehicle.txd inside the Generic folder in models to the same place.

I did it, it looks like that but it doesn't answer to my question:
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

Rubber

Both Vinny and Irish are basically asking the same things. I understand what you are talking about, and I will be sure to add it into the tutorials. Just make sure you have some image editing software.

Vinny

Adding Paint, i have 4 image editing softwares.

Cr4ck3r

That doesn´t work 0.o I don´t know why, but my cars/ trucks still look like the Roadtrain in the first picture of Vinny  :'( 

I´m soo bad, so pls make some tutorials to help some noobs like me^^

Matheus

Quote from: Cr4ck3r on June 10, 2012, 23:28

That doesn´t work 0.o I don´t know why, but my cars/ trucks still look like the Roadtrain in the first picture of Vinny  :'( 

You need to export the images with the same extension like the others (BMP, TGA or PNG (i dont remember if png is included))

Vinny

Cr4ck3r in what form did you export the pics of the txd files ?

Matheus

You can take a picture of flame from Google, or you can do it as a sticker...you need to do it from scratch if you select the second option

Cr4ck3r

Quote from: Matheus on June 10, 2012, 23:41

You need to export the images with the same extension like the others (BMP, TGA or PNG (i dont remember if png is included))

I´ve exportet every file as BMP, so it should work, but it doesn´t.........

Matheus

Quote from: Cr4ck3r on June 11, 2012, 00:55
Quote from: Matheus on June 10, 2012, 23:41

I´ve exportet every file as BMP, so it should work, but it doesn´t.........

You exported the textures from vehicle.txd inside the generic folder in Rockstar Games/GTA San Andreas/Models/Generic?

Cr4ck3r

Yes....
But still doesn´t work^^