/l /(/local)

Started by Fender, April 21, 2012, 21:44

Strato

Hi,

My suggestion is about adding /l ( /local ) chat command, how does it work? Usually when someone is next to us, we want to talk to him we use the main chat. Let's multiply this situation for like x10 times for each guy.. it causes spam ain't it? That's why a good thing to solve the problem would be adding this /local command. How does it work? Only people in Your view range will see Your text in a diffrent color which is better to distinguish.

Strato

The_Spinner

yeah...
but I think if you want to talk about something special or in other language, you can use /cb if not I think you can speak in cb 19
-1 for this suggestion

RaceRX

Technically, its /b. near by players.. Its a CMD used on RP servers. I say -1, because insults would be thrown over /b and we couldnt see them. Unless it was enabled that staff could see all of it, then that would just flood our chat. So, -1.
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice

Supra

Im struggling finding the point with this.. It would just complicate things.. -1

Lindsey

I kind of like it because it'd be cool to send messages to people around me, like if someone drives past "hiiiiiiiiiiiii" or "honk honk" :D without everyone seeing it.

Wouldn't be fun to add though, mods need a way of seeing what people are saying in /l due to possible abuse, but there are ways around that ;)
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Strato

Quote from: RaceRX on April 21, 2012, 23:04
Technically, its /b. near by players.. Its a CMD used on RP servers. I say -1, because insults would be thrown over /b and we couldnt see them. Unless it was enabled that staff could see all of it, then that would just flood our chat. So, -1.

/b is on RolePlay servers, /l is on DM and Truck servers, so /l fits more.

If someone gets insulted and no admins can see it, he can just press f8 and report it on forum. Simple

Patros

Deff

+1

If there are insults in it, player can report on forum (make a screenshot) + there are server logs.
So I thinks its good idea, the mainchat is very busy and and due to its busyness most of us don't see things like "hi" or "honk honk" or "/me waves".

Bruno_2MLG4CT

Credits to our slave Sorin

Quote from: Konali
turtle, you as much an asslicker than everyone else, everytime you get reported, you message me on xfire or facebook

Quote from: Taylor Swift#DemotSurpm

P@tRyK248

+1 It's can be good.

Leoviz

not necessary, -1

mr.hilly

Laur

DJ_Smashon

Real Truckers speak to each other who are close to them. So why not? +1
A.K.A NaftaTorque
Old ID=9149

omer584