News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Story of my new laptop

Started by Nate, April 11, 2012, 02:45

Nate

Well after my laptop died over the weekend, i decided to get a new one and this is what i came up with. My parents offered to pay for $500 of the computer and rather spending money i had saved for my "super computer" desktop, i just decided to get the best performance for $500. What i came up with is this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230354

Although some may criticize the fact that it is refurbished it still got me the best performance for the price (if i were to buy a new laptop for $500 it would have to be a pentium or MAYBE an i3). Anyway things are looking pretty good so far, the only con so far is the lack of packaging that the laptop came in. A cardboard box not much bigger then the laptop itself, and only a 1 cm thick piece of cardboard. I'm lucky the damn thing didnt break from UPS delivery (they are very rough on their packages).

Anyway without further delay, here are the specs:
Laptop: ASUS k53e-BD4TD
CPU: Intel i5-2430m @ 2.4 Ghz (3.0Ghz turbo)
gpu: Intel graphics 3000
HDD: 500gb (although windows only recognizes 430gb for some reason)
Ram: 4gb DDR3 (i'm guessing 1033mhz but not sure)

Battery life: 9 hours (in power saver mode)

The battery life is also that sold me on this laptop because i sometimes need to go a day without being plugged in. i know you guys will say "why not go for a discrete gpu?" so here's the answer: Like i said before my parents said they would pay $500 for it and if i wanted a more expensive one, i would have to pay for the rest. AND this laptop is only going to be my primary computer until about September/October when i build my "super computer" desktop. I managed to save a lot of money from getting the Refurbished one, as they are regularly $800.

Possible future upgrades:

I'm considering replacing the standard (5400rpm) HDD with an SSD. still not decided because of the extra price, but would also greatly improve performance.

New (newer) laptop specs[spoiler]Laptop: Acer Aspire v3-571g-6602
Cpu: i5 2450M 2.5 GHz (3.1 GHz Boost)
Gpu: Nvidia GT 630m 2gb
Ram: 8gb dual channel DDR3 1600mhz
HDD: 500gb
[/spoiler]

Dr_Doom

Nice! Still reading though :p

Dr_Doom

Very Nice Nate... I am jealous now :p

I spilled something on mine, and im using my bro's to play CVT. I have the money to buy another its just I want to save for a nice desktop 'Build'; Anyway Nice PC Bro!

TheSandman

25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Nate

Thanks bran :P The laptop is just to allow me to do some "light-gaming" while i save for my main rig. Even though it has integrated graphics, i can still run a good amount of games i couldnt before:
-Modern warfare 2
-Modern Warfare 3
-Battlefield 2
-Dirt 3
-gta 4
etc.
New (newer) laptop specs[spoiler]Laptop: Acer Aspire v3-571g-6602
Cpu: i5 2450M 2.5 GHz (3.1 GHz Boost)
Gpu: Nvidia GT 630m 2gb
Ram: 8gb dual channel DDR3 1600mhz
HDD: 500gb
[/spoiler]

Toms_Farkys

Quote from: Nate on April 11, 2012, 04:23
Thanks bran :P The laptop is just to allow me to do some "light-gaming" while i save for my main rig. Even though it has integrated graphics, i can still run a good amount of games i couldnt before:
-Modern warfare 2
-Modern Warfare 3
-Battlefield 2
-Dirt 3
-gta 4
etc.
Damn, my laptop does run Gta SA with ~30 fps -__-
If i would run GTA IV my laptop would blow up :DD

Animated signature removed by admin
^^^^^^^^
Admins are mean!

Senhorlau