Wet County Map

Started by wkry17, April 07, 2012, 21:58

wkry17

I know with 0.3d, it is possible to make images textdraws on the screen. My suggestion is to add a map of Wet County to the screen when you type "/wetcountymap" or "/wcmap". This would be helpful to new players who actually care about trucking and want to know where all the islands and WC roads are. Here is a picture
I couldnt quite fit all the island names but I'm sure someone could. My screen is small.

Moonwalker

Strato

Guys serious.. is it so exhausting go to on www.convoytrucking.net and click Map ?

Neon$lash

rofl at mick on chat. breaking his own rules. :P

btw isn't hard to click map ppl. srsly.

[hide=The Best Progressive Rock you can Hear]Feel The Crimson King

In the Court of the Crimson King - In the Wake of Poseidon - Lizard - Islands
Larks' Tongues in Aspic - Starless and Bible Black - Red - Discipline
Beat - Three of a Perfect Pair - THRAK - The ConstruKction of Light -The Power to Believe

Joshly98

Quote from: Strato. on April 07, 2012, 22:47
Guys serious.. is it so exhausting go to on www.convoytrucking.net and click Map ?
Then you need to keep alt+tabbing to see the map. This would be much better! +1

wkry17

Quote from: Kyle_Gravs[AUS] on April 08, 2012, 00:06
That is one reason. But lets face it, rookies are as dumb as a stick and don't know we have a website (no offence to anyone). This would just be a help to them

Matias

Quote from: wkry17 on April 08, 2012, 01:28
That is one reason. But lets face it, rookies are as dumb as a stick and don't know we have a website (no offence to anyone). This would just be a help to them

When you drive to Wet County you can see the little map at the bottom, theres no need to use textdraws (alot of them) for a map that is useless, also alot of textdraws brings lag to the server, because it have to create them and delete
Very useless suggestion sorry -1

wkry17

Quote from: DarkMati on April 08, 2012, 03:16
When you drive to Wet County you can see the little map at the bottom, theres no need to use textdraws (alot of them) for a map that is useless, also alot of textdraws brings lag to the server, because it have to create them and delete
But you can't see WC when you are on the main land. Plus, it is there by choice, you dont have to have it there

$nake

Storm94

Quote from: DarkMati on April 08, 2012, 03:16
Quote from: wkry17 on April 08, 2012, 01:28

With 0.3e it would be possible with one textdraw. Obviously CVT isnt 0.3e, so we would have to wait for the update, but this isnt a bad idea.

I'm back, bitches :D

[glow=#282828,10,500]"I dislike Apple, so no." -mick88
"$nake honestly you are one arrogant prick." -Shane0
"The rest of you who I could consider trolls, just go fuck yourself." -Joshy
"TheGame, All I have to say is you complain a lot, and you're probally gonna be an even more arrogant, pompous jackass after this." -RaceRX
"I have a suggestion: Repost this in a respectful manner without caps, silly colors and big fonts, and perhaps someone will give a fuck about your complaint." -mick88
[/glow]

Can't read my quotes? Stop using the white style.

Ethan

I just want to know how you did that because I would like to have that on my screen with an option like in your suggestion using /wcmap or whatever.. tell everyone how you did it and then Mick wont need to script it... then its a persons choice to have it or not....

Storm94

Quote from: Ethan on April 10, 2012, 00:29
I just want to know how you did that because I would like to have that on my screen with an option like in your suggestion using /wcmap or whatever.. tell everyone how you did it and then Mick wont need to script it... then its a persons choice to have it or not....
Screenshot, photoshop, put in map.

Its not in his game.

"TheGame, All I have to say is you complain a lot, and you're probally gonna be an even more arrogant, pompous jackass after this." -RaceRX
"I have a suggestion: Repost this in a respectful manner without caps, silly colors and big fonts, and perhaps someone will give a fuck about your complaint." -mick88
[/glow]

Ethan

yeah, I realized I could probably just edit the radar txds.

Bruno_2MLG4CT

Credits to our slave Sorin

Quote from: Konali
turtle, you as much an asslicker than everyone else, everytime you get reported, you message me on xfire or facebook

Quote from: Taylor Swift#DemotSurpm

George23

+1

I don`t usually get lost there, but I would like a map like that ingame.

Ethan

Quote from: Storm94 on April 10, 2012, 04:19
Its not in his game.

read this dude

The_Spinner

I like it, why not? +1

wkry17

Its not in his game.

More like screenshot and paint. I can probably get a script done sometime soon. If mick wants to add it I will get him a script for it.

EDIT:Here is the script, didn't test it.
http://pastebin.com/2n9syffy

Storm94

Quote from: wkry17 on April 13, 2012, 04:11

Its not in his game.

More like screenshot and paint. I can probably get a script done sometime soon. If mick wants to add it I will get him a script for it.

that FS doesnt do anything really. Learn to script.

[/glow]

Trucker_martin

1+
:ghappy:
Yeah i love the idea. I have just learned the map now but new players need help some times so they don't need to ask in chat where to go.
O:-)
And they could make the map update every time the map changes so we all can find everything when new islands are coming!
:D

wkry17

Quote from: Storm94 on April 13, 2012, 06:19
Quote from: wkry17 on April 13, 2012, 04:11

Its not in his game.

that FS doesnt do anything really. Learn to script.

I am new at scripting, yes. All I did was use a little tool on the SA:MP forum to convert it to a textdraw, so I did nothing. It was a little quick script for a basis, or so I thought. But thanks for the "positive" criticism :pokerface:

Deff

This is a very useful suggestion for newbies.
Nice idea there.

No one minimizes his game or would like to minimize his game. Secondly its a text draw, and images can be displayed in the text draw, so this is very much possible and easy to script.
Besides this, we can enable and disable it.

It is not of use for experienced players because they already know WC map, but useful for newbies who get lost in WC.
It will obviously NOT show any incoming trucks or cars, its just an image of the map, not a radar.

+1

Joshy

Quote from: Trucker_martin on April 13, 2012, 14:57
new players need help some times so they don't need to ask in chat where to go.
There is a help topic in /help explaining to you how to get to Wet County by the bridge or the ferry. Considering there are many wannabes asking for help getting to Wet County, if people can't be bothered to do /help, then who would be bothered to do /wcmap? Also it's not a common command (unlike /help).

I'm not against the idea, but if it's going to be put in, make sure people know about it. Perhaps by a dialog when a player does his first WC mission, like:

You are going to Eyre Island.
You can go to Wet County by the ferry or the bridge. The ferry is located in Ocean Docks, Los Santos, and you can locate it on your map by using /gps. The bridge is in Rockshore West, Las Venturas. While you're in Wet County, you can use /wcmap to get a map of Wet County to appear on your screen.
OK
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Laur

+1 is very hopeful for newbies :smile2:

mick88

Yes, it's possible and I wanted to do it, but it's a lot of work and I think that resolution for textdraws is too small to draw something as complex as a map.

Storm94

Quote from: mick88 on April 15, 2012, 11:58
Yes, it's possible and I wanted to do it, but it's a lot of work and I think that resolution for textdraws is too small to draw something as complex as a map.
IIRC 0.3d allows images in TDs, so all you would have to do is take a picture of the map, you wouldnt have to redraw it.

[/glow]

mick88

Quote from: Storm94 on April 15, 2012, 19:08
IIRC 0.3d allows images in TDs, so all you would have to do is take a picture of the map, you wouldnt have to redraw it.

But only standard GTA texture image.

I think I might make a mod (hack) to display map on the screen when you hold M, but it'd have to be downloaded and installed individually. Since I'm currently learning C++ and directx, it might be a good way to practise.

wkry17

Quote from: mick88 on April 16, 2012, 14:21
Quote from: Storm94 on April 15, 2012, 19:08

But only standard GTA texture image.

I think I might make a mod (hack) to display map on the screen when you hold M, but it'd have to be downloaded and installed individually. Since I'm currently learning C++ and directx, it might be a good way to practise.
:o. Even better! You can make it work mick!