US timezone players (AUS kind of falls in there!!)

Started by Lindsey, March 24, 2012, 21:00

Lindsey

Can we have some opinions on how you think the server is being administrated from your point of view.
As far as i'm aware it's rarely moderated during US times. A lot of people complain.
There are 3 US moderators.
Are they active?
There are 0 US admins.
Can we have your opinion on how you think it's being moderated i.e. Moderators  / admins on during YOUR playing time.
Anyone can post.
Currently:
6 Euro mods.
3 Euro Admins
2 Aus Mods
3 US mods.
Try to rate server activity of the mods / admins who are generally on during your timezone on a scale of 1-10.
10 being the highest.
I think it's important to see where we are failing you.
I want to improve my activity but i don't feel comfy playing CVT all night to cover others.
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Rubber

The problem with US timezone is that we have too many timezones to cover. I think we have 6 in total? Ethan is east coast, I'm central, and Race is west coast. I have been away on spring break for the past two weeks so I haven't been too active. I usually see ethan on every now and then when I'm on. Race is on a lot but /afk 70% of the time lol. I became mod roughly a year ago. My score at the time was approximately 5200 and time spent online was ~1000 hours I think. Now my score is almost 5800 and 1950 hours spent online. So in 950 hours spent online I have done 600 missions. Is this active enough?

Whenever someone gets banned unintentionally in the US/AUS timezones, they usually have to wait 12 hours until the Euro admins can unban them.

Twido

I like the staff lindz ;p but an american admin should be awsome! and maybe more active staff during mid-day (GMT+1) like uhm.. 12:00 or 1:00pm , cuz then there are almost no staffs online ;p , but yeah like i said! i like how it is now

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

Hobo

I'm on the east coast and when I'm online usually Rubber, RaceRX, Ethan, or Konali are online. They are usually very active in clamping vehicles or restoring other vehicles. When they're on, help comes within seconds. The problem is that they aren't always on. This is where Twido's staff member idea would be helpful. If there were staff members that were on a lot that could restore abandoned vehicles that would be helpful. There are many instances that I've found a lot of abandoned vehicles in my way or clamp able vehicles when no admin or mod was online. Also there have been a lot of rageing and spamming. If no admin is on them the spammers don't usually get any warns or get kicked. Ramming takes place too, /report does nothing if there's no admin.

And there's toll evasion. That pisses me off the most because the toll barely costs anything. If you can't handle $8-$15 you're damn poor.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Konali

The US timezone gaps are aware by all(most) staff, and i and other staff tried to suggest candidates for it, but no action from mick at this point.

The known gaps are 00:00 -02:00 GMT and 06:00-09:00 GMT. Eventhough we have staff for these gaps, we cannot force them to play. Everyone is free how fill in the hours they play.

About Admins, Yes i have said from day 1 when i became admin that if there would be a new admin it should be someone from US/AUS timezone simply to cover as best as possible.

Anyway US players are very cool:P:P
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

$nake

Quote from: Lindsey6 Euro mods.
3 Euro Admins
2 Aus Mods
3 US mods.
Yup, same as players..
80% EU  -  10% US  -  10% AUS/OTHERS :)
everything is cool now.. Xero shouldnt resign!

Strato

Racer is from US so there's 1 mod.. we need more euro mods, because for the whole time there are no mods online.. just once for 3-4 hours gets someone on, that's it

$nake

Quote from: Strato. on March 24, 2012, 23:24
Racer is from US so there's 1 mod..
+Rubber, +Ethan

Quote from: Strato. on March 24, 2012, 23:24
we need more euro mods, because for the whole time there are no mods online.. just once for 3-4 hours gets someone on, that's it
Exactely this!

Pimm

ACCOUNT DELETED

Konali

Hahahaha pimm:) you are my king dude:) someday i will come to brazil and party with you and matheus:P
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Deff

when I am active, i see (in my time zone) (points out of 10 as lindz said)

rubber-3 points
sandman-8 points
Race-7 points
mick88- 1 point
Lindsey- 6 points
Konali- 6 points
twixxie- 1 point
ethan- 6 points
Marccc- 3 points
twizeler- 1 point
Viper- 5 points
DrHax- 1 point
zacco- 3 points

Lindsey

I feel the same way about mick deff, i rarely see him on either. And when i do, there is little said. He's not a big talker to staff, so don't feel disheartened that he doesn't speak to you players as well.

Zacco getting a 3 doesn't surprise me, he has a lot of out of town work but when he's home he is active.

Yeah, i was kind of pointing towards the idea that an admin for the US would be a good idea. It's not about rank with us staff, it's about providing a good service, so it wouldn't bother me if i saw a US Moderator become admin at all.

It'd be good for the server i think.
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Pimm

Okay, here we go.

zacco - 5
Rubber - 8
Dr_Hax - 7
TheSandman - 9
RaceRX - 7
mick88 - 3
Lindsey - 5
TwiXXXie - 7
twizeler - 4
Ethan - 6
Viper[AUS] - WHAT THE [Censored] IS IT DOING HERE?!
Marccc - 3
Konali - 10

ACCOUNT DELETED

Hobo

Gecko, if you want to apply to be a moderator then apply. http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php?action=form;n=5

From a US perspective:
zacco - 3
Rubber - 8
Dr_Hax - 1
TheSandman - 6
RaceRX - 8
mick88 - 1
Lindsey - 6
TwiXXXie - 6
twizeler - 2
Ethan - 5
Viper - 3
Marccc - 3
Konali - 8

To be honest I wouldn't have known that 2 of them were mods had I not looked at the website.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

bazingashane0

rubber-6 points
sandman-3 points
Race- 6 points
mick88- 1 points
Lindsey- 6 points
Konali- 7 points
twixxie- 2 points
ethan- 3 points
Marccc- 5 points
twizeler- 1 points
Viper- 5 points
DrHax- 5 points
zacco- 4 points
Joshy- 5 points

Also just a side note there should be a east coast Aussie mod or someone in close area to it as between east and west cost of Australia there is 3hrs diff and both Viper and Sand are from WA.

Quote from: mick88 on January 17, 2012, 08:10
You got your money for arrest, and he's out so you can arrest him again. You mad?

TheGame

Let me give my rates:
rubber-3 points
sandman-7 points
Race-2 points
mick88- 1 point
Lindsey- 6 points
Konali- 8 points
twixxie- 2 points
ethan- 5 points
Marccc- 7 points
twizeler- 6 points
Viper- 4 points
Dr_Hax- 4 points
zacco- 4 points

So as you can see the Dutch mods/admin got the highest points because they're mostly always on when I'm on. But I play also in the morning and then I see only 2 mods on (they go to bed if I'm 1 hour on), after that there are mostly never mods/admins on.

Rubber

I think this poll might be more helpful if more US players would comment on it. Where are they when you need them...lol

Nitrochegs

Alright, so in order to understand the problem we need to see what times mods should be on.
Lets take the forum time atm: 7:00 PM (my time)

Current Time for staff:
mick88: M25 09:00 am
zacco: M25 10:00 am
Konali: M25 10:00 am
Dr_Hax: M25 09:00 am
Ethan: M25 04:00 am
Joshy: M25 09:00 am
Lindsey: M25 09:00 am
Marccc: M25 09:00 am
RaceRX: M25 12:00 am
Rubber: M25 03:00 am
TheSandman: M25 04:00 pm
TwiXXXie: M25 09:00 am
Twizeler: M25 10:00 am
Viper[AUS]: M25 04:00 am

I've gathered this information, and I have made this chart:
While it is 7pm forum time (my time), it is...

12AM: RaceRX
3AM - Rubber
4AM - Ethan
9AM - mick88, Dr_Hax, Joshy, Lindsey, Marcc, TwiXXie
10AM - zacco, Konali, Twizeler
12PM
4PM - TheSandman, Viper[AUS]
7PM (My time)
Cycle repeats

So really (if it's not the weekend) the only mods who are on is TheSandman and Viper (since it is the afternoon and school/work is over for them) during 7pm GMT+10

<3

KaT37

what about making Sandman admin ? ^^ he rly deserves it ^^ mabye its better :)

TheSandman

IM not saying anything to make myself an admin, or saying anyhing like, 'make me admin because...'all this stuff, but when i get to school/wake up, Konali is normally just going to bed. I now have a Macbook for school and most of my subjects are computing, so i have the F.CT.net tab open.
But like Shane said, another Eastern stater Aussie would be good too.

During the day on weekends/Wednesdays, im always on Facebook and Xfire so people can add me there and alert me of issues so i can react into coming online and dealing with it.

BTW Nitrochegs, Viper is in the same timezone as me.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Nitrochegs

Quote from: TheSandman on March 25, 2012, 09:36
BTW Nitrochegs, Viper is in the same timezone as me.
Ah, then that means he didn't set his timezone on the forum, so it defaulted.

Fixed ;)

<3

Supra

Since im from Europe, I mostly see euro staff during the day, but when I play at night, I see the US people rise from the dark. and Sandman I usually see just after I get home from school, right before his bed time :)

zacco - 3
Rubber - 6
Dr_Hax - 7
TheSandman - 7
RaceRX - 5
mick88 - 3
Lindsey - 5
TwiXXXie - 5
twizeler - 3
Ethan - 4
Viper - 4
Marccc - 5
Konali - 9

Xero - 2

RaceRX

Nitrochegs, I'm on for like 4 hours a day on avg. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice

Lindsey

Haha this thread isn't about "lets make an admin" It's just to show that there are big gaps in the moderation (noones to blame...all staff do a great job :P and rubber even said to me he loves moderating and it's like almost all he does)

It's interesting from my point of view that i'm averaging 5-6's, cool.

Also, people who don't know that some people are mods, remember that they might be on the other side of our wonderful blue planet :P
[hide=awesomeness]
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Calvingreen17.

Quote from: Rubber on March 25, 2012, 08:18
I think this poll might be more helpful if more US players would comment on it. Where are they when you need them...lol
US Player from Orangeburg, South Carolina
Time: UTC-5:00 Eastern Time
Rate:
Rubber: 3
zacco:3
Dr_Hax: 1
The_Sandman: 5
RaceRX: 8
mick88: 1
Lindsey: 6
TwiXXXie: 5
Twizeler: 4
Ethan: 7
Viper[AUS]: 4
Marccc: 6
Konali: 8
Joshy: 7

I don't want to put all the rates super low cuz I know they're trying. They are humans too. But the time is....idk. Race is around most of the time doing a good jolly job and helping but normally he's not on too long. So is Joshy = and Kona. And while the mods/admins are gone, you have big fights, racist wannabes, rammers, people leaving cars, etc and a bunch of unstable chaos. But this is only my point of view, there is not much I can do.

Older and wiser

Ephraim_Renais

Canadian player up here (Ontario, Canada)

Alot of my playing time is during the day on weekdays and sometimes late at night.  Most times there is not an admin/mod on in the afternoon and late night for my timezone.  These gaps lead to alot of times that the non-english speakers control the main chat, wannabe rammers cause trouble, and car spawners block the LV/WC bridge.  More coverage of these gaps, even if its with Jr. Mods that can just kick the troublemakers would make a huge difference.

Ratings

Rubber: 8
zacco:5
Dr_Hax: 3
The_Sandman: 8
RaceRX: 7
mick88: 1
Lindsey: 7
TwiXXXie: 7
Twizeler: 3
Ethan: 5
Viper[AUS]: 3
Marccc: 5
Konali: 8
Joshy: 4
(newly minted Jr. Mod) Google: 4

Jopi

If you are mod/admin you need to be active,idc for you school!If you dont have so much time for ConvoyTrucking then give mod/admin to someone else!Here is alot active people and they know alot about server and rules !
And for rating .. I dont know .. I dont play like 30 days active so .. :\

:cereal:

$nake

Quote from: Jopi on March 27, 2012, 09:23
If you are mod/admin you need to be active,idc for you school!If you dont have so much time for ConvoyTrucking then give mod/admin to someone else!Here is alot active people and they know alot about server and rules !
My words :P but you will never force mick to look like that :/

Lindsey

You're saying because we're chosen for moderator or admin for an unofficial multiplayer game, hosted by a member of the public, not rockstar, we should drop everything in our lives, and do cvt whenever we can can?

Nice.

Your opinion won't leave a lasting impression, don't worry.
[hide=awesomeness]
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

RaceRX

Jopi, that's the dumbest post I think I've ever seen.
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice

Hobo

Quote from: RaceRX on March 27, 2012, 19:04
Jopi, that's the dumbest post I think I've ever seen.
+1 No shit. Admins and Mods have lives too. They can't be on everyday 24/7. It's not expected.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Lindsey

Shame we have to respect his opinion...and him :(

I know what i think about him after that :P
[hide=awesomeness]
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Razer.

Also, just to keep in mind, for Viper and Sandman the connections sometimes just cut out because of the distance from them to the server.

Viper

Jopi cant we have lives and u want us on cuz u want to ruin our lives mate the world dosnt revole around ct u know right but i dont think you do
[SAP]Egert: viper and Boy arent brothers right?
DeHavilland: Nope
DeHavilland: Boy is from NL and Viper is from AUS

We aren't brothers, we just act like them.