Limited Times for Earning a Police Badge

Started by Random_Hero, March 18, 2012, 21:42

Random_Hero

I find there's a bit of too much leniency towards people that get their badge revoked. Earning your police badge is more of a privilege rather than a right as it gives you quite a bit of power over truckers and other players.

Many cops, especially new one's, don't know the police rules as they cheat on the test, considering the test is the same for everyone that takes it. Because of this, they break the rules as they don't truly know them. When they break the rules, they lose their badge, but just as easily as they got it in the first place they get it by cheating again. Normally when they get the badge again, they persist to break the rules they once broke without a care.

Because of the police constantly breaking the rules and it's not caught by moderators or camera because it happens fast (particularly with ramming or blocking for fines), and because of the fact that I find the badge is more of a privilege than a right, I would like to promote a rule that would control the amount of police and decrease the amount of problems/rule breaking caused by some cops:

1) First offense of a rule broken by cops: warned that their badge can be revoked if another rule is broken.
2) Second offense: Badge revoked and a $50,000 fine is issued. The player does have the ability to retake the test and re-buy his badge.
3) Third offense: Badge revoked and another $50,000 fine is issued. The player cannot retake the test or re-buy the badge until a month has past.
4) Fourth offense: Badge is permanently revoked and a $100,000 fine is issued. The player has lost his/her privilege to be a police officer.

Police that break the rules not only irritate other players, but they can also cause accidents, mission fails, and unenjoyable gameplay to other players. Incidents like these with the police seem to be a growing problem in this game. To keep the game play even and enjoyable to all players, I would like to propose these rules. In the last rule, I'm unsure if a permanent revoke would be too drastic and unfair, which is why instead of a permanent revoke I would like to suggest that they could lose the badge until they have 12/13 achievements complete in the game. I hope these ideas are fair to everyone, police and players alike. Please leave your thoughts/comments about this, I would like to know if this happens to many or if it's just one or two cops causing these incidents that other players should be on the look out for.
-Thanks

Sjomp

just respect cops and they will respect u! :D

bazingashane0

A cop badge gives you no power or advantage over other players. They simply have different objectives to a different player who is a non-cop. They have the ability to fine you or weigh you or arrest you and that's it.

Granted there are some cops who have no idea what they are doing and that's players with all scores from 100ish to in the thousands.

So a minus -1

Quote from: mick88 on January 17, 2012, 08:10
You got your money for arrest, and he's out so you can arrest him again. You mad?

Random_Hero

I respect cops, I'm not saying they're bad. Nor is my point to say that i believe they're too powerful, it's more of I'm saying that with their job of pulling over and fining truckers is what i'm getting at. I'm not saying take their jobs away.

What I'm saying is, there are some cops that will block/ram for fines too often, and when their badge is revoked, they easily get it back by taking the test over again. And many of those rule breaking cops don't know the rules and cheat on the test, so a simple badge revoke isn't even really that bad of a consequence for them. That's why with these new rules, it should get many of them to stop.

bazingashane0

Quote from: Random_Hero on March 18, 2012, 23:33
I respect cops, I'm not saying they're bad. Nor is my point to say that i believe they're too powerful, it's more of I'm saying that with their job of pulling over and fining truckers is what i'm getting at. I'm not saying take their jobs away.

What I'm saying is, there are some cops that will block/ram for fines too often, and when their badge is revoked, they easily get it back by taking the test over again. And many of those rule breaking cops don't know the rules and cheat on the test, so a simple badge revoke isn't even really that bad of a consequence for them. That's why with these new rules, it should get many of them to stop.
Maybe then a server ban of 3 days should be implemented if they repeat offend of ramming for fines ?

Quote from: mick88 on January 17, 2012, 08:10
You got your money for arrest, and he's out so you can arrest him again. You mad?

mr.hilly

please can i ask shorter for dummies while i readed lost thought of this topic :(

Strato

Quote from: jesus3000 on March 19, 2012, 04:23
please can i ask shorter for dummies while i readed lost thought of this topic :(

Against newb cops.

+1

$nake

Leoviz

so much radical, -1

but i agree with the fines to the faults of the cops

Random_Hero

I'm liking the thoughts on this, even for those that don't support but have an idea of how to change it  :)

But I do want to clearify this: it's not meant to penalize new cops, it's meant to penalize cops that don't want to abide by the police rules and most likely cheated on the police test. These types of cops are the ones who cause problems, and many of them never stop.

HeLiOn_PrImE

I would revoke the badge permanently the 1st time they break the rules. If they passed the test, they know the rules and they agreed with them. Just like the ban for cheating. If you are guilty, face the consequences.
no animated signatures allowed

Twido

Respect the cop rules and nothing will happend!

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

$nake

Quote from: twido on March 24, 2012, 18:17
Respect the cop rules and nothing will happend!
First tell the cops to respect SERVER RULES and dont ram for fines, dont block etc..

Random_Hero

Gotta love everyone saying "respect cop rules!" 75% of the cops in this shouldn't have they're badge in the first place, and normally when a cop claims for ramming, it's because of side effect of something the cop caused. Sure there's some people that hate all cops, but many cops rammed are rammed because of a side effect to what they did to a player.

Miku

I agree With Hero 100% The Cops are out of Control, They Really should Crack down a bit more on rule breaks.

+1 To The Suggestion