house system...

Started by Panzer, March 15, 2012, 21:25

Panzer

Hi to all, I want propose a change in the house system, like reduce the time that an house become avaible to 12 hours (24 is too much :o in my opinion), and for eliminate the camping problem, add a system that kills all people that are close to the for sale house for 1 minute (with a countdown, as used for the failed missions; that kills player when the counter reaches zero).

Hope you like this idea.  ;)

bye bye.

Spekter

Experience teaches us that its impossible to stop campers. Whatever system gets implemented to prevent them from house camping, they always find a workaround.

Even if the script that kills campers close to the house for over certain time gets added, campers are just going to camp a couple of streets/houses away from it, so it becomes useless.

Anyway, i dont think that house camping is *that* much of a problem. Instead of suggesting measures to counter it, better be creative and suggest something else.

David_CRO

The system is very bad house, before all the houses were free and who had enough money for a particular house could buy it, and now I, for example sell his house first and is not available to anyone at any time. My opinion is to return the old system of selling / buying houses.

Ephraim_Renais

This "kill" countdown could have unintended results for those players that just happen to be in the area legit and have no intention of house camping.  There are a number of houses that are near gas stations (one in Doherty, SF that is @ a gas station).  There are also a number of pick-up and drop-off locations for various classes (Limo being the greatest one) that are near or at houses.

Marccc's video banning someone today had me on his camping list, but I ended up on that cause I reported a cop that was camping a house, I repaired my limo, and I picked up a player (load) at a house.  All of this was right beside a house that was for sale.  Some limo pickups are difficult to get close enough to pick up the person, especially if vehicles are spawned in the driveway and they have to be pushed out of the way.

I could potenially get killed by this system if I just happen to arrive at a house near a /forsale house and have to fix before pick-up and push a car out of the way so I can pick up.

Strato

I've already suggested this kind of stuff but it has been rejected.

$nake

Suggested, Rejected, Will be suggested 18726 times in future, ONLY MARCCC'S SUGGESTION WOULD WORK!

Nitrochegs

Quote from: David_CRO on March 15, 2012, 22:10
The system is very bad house, before all the houses were free and who had enough money for a particular house could buy it, and now I, for example sell his house first and is not available to anyone at any time. My opinion is to return the old system of selling / buying houses.

That would bring back house trading

<3