Allow people to step out of their vehicles while on ferry.

Started by CookieMonster, March 11, 2012, 00:14

CookieMonster

It's quite weird when your on the ferry and once it starts moving your vehicle someone glitches forward. Well if you step out of the vehicle it'll eliminate this glitch. But, there's a problem, if your on a mission it'll give you the 60 seconds 'till mission failed sign. They should make it so you can only get off while on the ferry even if your on a mission. :D

Any suggestions? :O
Cookie eating like a BOSS! :D

HeLiOn_PrImE

That is very hard to script, because mick has to mess with the ferry script.

There was a time, shortly after 0.3d was launched when the trucks didn't glitch forward and we could move on the ferry as we liked, but we had to accelerate just when the ferry left, otherwise we would've fallen off.

This idea isn't bad, but, like I said above, requires some work. I'm neutral to this.
no animated signatures allowed

Strato

You can't do it.. while the ferry is moving, Your truck is moving too, so you dont want to get out of a moving truck and then again step into it, don't you?

$nake

The only way is to get out WHEN ANOTHER PLAYER drives it, passenger can get out and get in back :)

HeLiOn_PrImE

Quote from: Strato. on March 17, 2012, 09:36
You can't do it

I don't know if you noticed, but possibility is not a thing to question anymore when it comes to pawn scripting, these days. It can be done.
Quote from: Strato. on March 17, 2012, 09:36
While the ferry is moving, Your truck is moving too, so you don't want to get out of a moving truck and then again step into it, don't you?

Like I said in my previous post, for a while, your truck didn't have to move with the ferry for you to travel. The system was great, but a major glitch appeared when leaving. For the truck to stay attached to the ferry it had to instantly gain the same speed. Once that was done you could have left the truck and enjoy the trip admiring the landscape on foot. They returned to the old system a short while after, probably to avoid the work.

My point is: It is possible but it's a huge unnecessary effort. They have to rebuild the entire ferry system for little purpose. If you want to enjoy the ferry, you can do it without a vehicle. Climb on it on foot, and no bugs will appear.

bazingashane0

It would be near impossible to script with the general lag and also trying to make the vehicle remain stationary when its on a moving  object.

Quote from: mick88 on January 17, 2012, 08:10
You got your money for arrest, and he's out so you can arrest him again. You mad?

Deff

Quote from: Shane0 on March 18, 2012, 22:54
It would be near impossible to script with the general lag and also trying to make the vehicle remain stationary when its on a moving  object.

:ukiddn:
He didn't meant that vehicle should remain stationary.
It will move with ferry, and it already does move with ferry!

Guys! He did not meant to exit or enter a vehicle in moving ferry!

I think he meant this:

When truck is parked inside the ferry (while ferry is still stationary), then you can exit the truck.
Now ferry will take time to reach till the other end. Truck will never fall down from the ferry and it will not disappear as long as you are online (considering its your truck) and a mod/admin doesn't restore it.
So you can exit the truck and stay in ferry. This way you don't have to press W or S while ferry is moving.
Once the ferry is reached destination, you can take your truck :)

So its already there, nothing to script.

Only thing which he is suggesting is:
Stoping the countdown timer of 60 seconds (for sitting back on truck)

Twido

i think he is trying to say something like this > Ferry like in real life. u go into a ferry and go out of your car/Truck and go drink something upstairs.

so its something like , parking your truck on the ferry and free moving inside the ferry and on the ferry! sounds really awsome :p

+1

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

HeLiOn_PrImE

that's exactly what he meant, and I answered with my comment. That bug was to problematic...

mick88

When you exit truck, trailer is likely to stream out and then you won't be able to re-enter vehicle until ferry stops.

Ferry will be improved in R2 to eliminate this glitch.

Deff

Quote from: mick88 on March 20, 2012, 22:46
you won't be able to re-enter vehicle until ferry stops.

That is what he is suggesting. We should re-enter the exited vehicle only when ferry stops.

But in case of a mission, we can't wait for so long to re-enter in the vehicle, as it just gives 60 seconds to us to re-enter. By that time, mission will fail, so it will be useless to enter back.