Operation: Bring back the Convoy.

Started by Geckco, February 19, 2012, 15:23

the more people in a convoy = the more cash you gets = bigger convoys

yes
no
maybe

Twido

Quote from: Konali on February 20, 2012, 19:08
Ok this just crossed my mind and could be a huge thinghy to script/test ect, but i think its worth it.
Since mick said he is not gonna change the convoy bonus payouts i thought of something similair bur still different.

The convoy experience system.

Each time u finish a mission in convoy u will receive the normal score, but in /stats it will be also stated as : Convoy experience
Thats the basics:) now the other stuff to encourage bigger convoys.

My idea: There will be thresholds with certain amount of mission in convoy  done( the experience)and receive special score aka experience for it. Those players with more experience earn a little bit more in the total payout. But the extra pay outs based on experience are divided in ranks and with reasonable maxinum levels.

details; So as stated above, Players can earn more, but have to do convoys for it. This will stimulate solo drivers to do convoys. But this does not stimulate big convoys since it still works with just 2. So here comes the finishing touch:

Convoy experience ( in /stats screen )Based on the amount of players in ur convoy. Do missions with a bigger conovy = more experience per mission
2-5  = low experience per mission gained: Example: 5
6-12= Medium experience per mission gained: Example 15
13- 20 = high experience per mission gained: Example 25
21+ = Extreme experience per mission gained : Example 50

Experience thresholds for the payouts:
500 experience = unlock $150 bonus
1000 experience= unlock $300 bonus
2000 experience = unlock $600 bonus
5000 experience = unlock $1200 bonus

Let me awnser this for ya mick: Mick said, no increase in payouts based on players in convoys. Well with this system players earn more in the total payout based on their experience with convoys. You can see the extra/higher payout as : salary ( In real life, older, more experienced players do get paid out more just for their know-how/age )

Short version: The bonusses above can be unlocked when gaining experience by doing works in a convoy. Completing missions with a bigger convoy = more experience at once.
Example:
100 missions done in a convoy with 2-6 players = 100 *5( experience per mission)= 500 < unlock first bonus level.
So from now of on each mission wheter single or in convoy will be have a little higher payout due to the fact u worked in convoys and u earn a little more for that experience. To stimulate bigger convoys u can complete a mission in a bigger convoy and get higher amount of experience.

So this is my idea, and i think this or a similair/edited version of this system will encourage others to do more missions in a convoy and even more to create a big convoy. After all its convoy trucking right? i think we should stimulate everything possible to have those big convoys back in town.

Konali

PS. we have some great scripters on this server, i think they could help u with some basic stuff as creating levels etc.
Storm94
Beelzeboss
etc etc:)
+1.000.000 , this is the best idea , come one mick you really need to add this , this is really good!

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

Brian_William

sad to say it but there are thousands of samp players who checkout CVT and other servers each month/year so in the end the owner dictates how his sandbox is run and thats that.

Like it or not, this is no democracy, keep crying, Mick has spoken.

Storm94

Ok this just crossed my mind and could be a huge thinghy to script/test ect, but i think its worth it.
Since mick said he is not gonna change the convoy bonus payouts i thought of something similair bur still different.

Each time u finish a mission in convoy u will receive the normal score, but in /stats it will be also stated as : Convoy experience

My idea: There will be thresholds with certain amount of mission in convoy  done( the experience)and receive special score aka experience for it. Those players with more experience earn a little bit more in the total payout. But the extra pay outs based on experience are divided in ranks and with reasonable maxinum levels.

details; So as stated above, Players can earn more, but have to do convoys for it. This will stimulate solo drivers to do convoys. But this does not stimulate big convoys since it still works with just 2. So here comes the finishing touch:

Convoy experience ( in /stats screen )Based on the amount of players in ur convoy. Do missions with a bigger conovy = more experience per mission

Let me awnser this for ya mick: Mick said, no increase in payouts based on players in convoys. Well with this system players earn more in the total payout based on their experience with convoys. You can see the extra/higher payout as : salary ( In real life, older, more experienced players do get paid out more just for their know-how/age )

Short version: The bonusses above can be unlocked when gaining experience by doing works in a convoy. Completing missions with a bigger convoy = more experience at once.
Example:
100 missions done in a convoy with 2-6 players = 100 *5( experience per mission)= 500 < unlock first bonus level.
So from now of on each mission wheter single or in convoy will be have a little higher payout due to the fact u worked in convoys and u earn a little more for that experience. To stimulate bigger convoys u can complete a mission in a bigger convoy and get higher amount of experience.

So this is my idea, and i think this or a similair/edited version of this system will encourage others to do more missions in a convoy and even more to create a big convoy. After all its convoy trucking right? i think we should stimulate everything possible to have those big convoys back in town.

Konali

PS. we have some great scripters on this server, i think they could help u with some basic stuff as creating levels etc.
Storm94
Beelzeboss
first off <3 Konali for mentioning me.

I think that this is a great idea. It allows for a bit of extra cash. It seems simple enough to script, and would encourage people to CONVOY, as the server name suggests.

I do think it might need some tweaking as far as rewards go, to match the server economy, and maybe more than just 4 levels, but say unlimited levels with a certain equation based on the XP for the payout, and you need more XP between levels to level up (think Pokemon).

Ooh, Pokemon made me think of something. At certain levels, you learn new moves, well, on CVT, every time you level up, there is a random (say 5% or whatever) chance that you get extra money on top of the bonus already in place.

Im rambling at this point, but I really like this, and Mick, if you ever need help, Ive been told I'm a decent scripter, and I would be more than happy to contribute.

I'm back, bitches :D

[glow=#282828,10,500]"I dislike Apple, so no." -mick88
"$nake honestly you are one arrogant prick." -Shane0
"The rest of you who I could consider trolls, just go fuck yourself." -Joshy
"TheGame, All I have to say is you complain a lot, and you're probally gonna be an even more arrogant, pompous jackass after this." -RaceRX
"I have a suggestion: Repost this in a respectful manner without caps, silly colors and big fonts, and perhaps someone will give a fuck about your complaint." -mick88
[/glow]

Can't read my quotes? Stop using the white style.

Matias

Quote from: Storm94 on February 20, 2012, 22:56

Example:

Konali

Storm94
Beelzeboss
first off <3 Konali for mentioning me.

I think that this is a great idea. It allows for a bit of extra cash. It seems simple enough to script, and would encourage people to CONVOY, as the server name suggests.

I do think it might need some tweaking as far as rewards go, to match the server economy, and maybe more than just 4 levels, but say unlimited levels with a certain equation based on the XP for the payout, and you need more XP between levels to level up (think Pokemon).

Ooh, Pokemon made me think of something. At certain levels, you learn new moves, well, on CVT, every time you level up, there is a random (say 5% or whatever) chance that you get extra money on top of the bonus already in place.

Im rambling at this point, but I really like this, and Mick, if you ever need help, Ive been told I'm a decent scripter, and I would be more than happy to contribute.

Thanks Konali for mention me too, and as Storm said if you ever need help mick tell us, we can help you, not touching your gamemode because that will never pass, but with others things you need help we can help :)

Lindsey

Quote from: Brian_William on February 20, 2012, 22:04
Quote from: Lindsey on February 20, 2012, 16:04
meh, out of 36 people that voted, 46 want it.

Sure, mick has every right to say no and can, noone has to like it.

I disagree with his stance, and the way he curbs everything, the players are getting less and less say and choice in how and what they choose to do on the server (within the rules) It seems that a minority of immature / rule breakers are influencing his choices on matters like our houses actually being ours, and not just a money sink.

Seriously, you buy a house and automatically lose half of it...it's a bit lame.

Welcome to the world of it's his sandbox, his toys.

It's not a democracy people, he runs the show.

You have 2 choices , play or /quit if his decisions really get you that pissed.

/locktopic?

If you think ass licking the owner of CVT will get you anywhere everytime he says something you're very wrong.

Stand up for your choices and beliefs.

Konali, very good idea ;)
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Brian_William

Not ass licking here that's other peoples jobs if i'm not mistaken ;) How's that coming for you? (to note: you started that jab first, hope you can accept it back)

But instead making a point that people are too thick skinned to realize how things are and it's a common entitlement belief by many young people that they hold some supreme power to change a private organizations operation.

Democracy does not extend to private groups/companies unless it's by choice. You have a choice to play on the server or not.

Give ideas that's fine, state what you think but at the end of the day you have to come to realization that you hold jack squat for power to effect decisions. It's a lesson once you grow up some more you'll discover in the real world, specifically the corporate one.

Unless you're some trust fund kiddy who is set for life on daddys fortune. Then you won't ever learn any real lessons in life and instead coast on dads coat tails and believe the world is your sandbox to change by throwing a tantrum.

mick88

Brian's right, this is my sandbox and my toys. I use my position to ensure that game is fair, and everyone enjoys playing here. To do that sometimes I have to make unpopular decisions, like not allowing to buy in-game money via paypal. Can you see me benefiting from these decisions? I do it only, because I believe it's fair for everyone.

Lindsey

Quote from: Brian_William on February 21, 2012, 07:09
Not ass licking here that's other peoples jobs if i'm not mistaken ;) How's that coming for you? (to note: you started that jab first, hope you can accept it back)

But instead making a point that people are too thick skinned to realize how things are and it's a common entitlement belief by many young people that they hold some supreme power to change a private organizations operation.

Democracy does not extend to private groups/companies unless it's by choice. You have a choice to play on the server or not.

Give ideas that's fine, state what you think but at the end of the day you have to come to realization that you hold jack squat for power to effect decisions. It's a lesson once you grow up some more you'll discover in the real world, specifically the corporate one.

Unless you're some trust fund kiddy who is set for life on daddys fortune. Then you won't ever learn any real lessons in life and instead coast on dads coat tails and believe the world is your sandbox to change by throwing a tantrum.

If i was ass licking, why am i blatently going against micks decision?

Yes mick you're right it's your toys and you're trying to keep it fair, but i think Konalis point has some substance to it. I'm also not interested in getting extra money, but the easy solution to tempt more people into a bigger convoy is bonuses for being in a convoy. The current bonus is bad for the time taken to set up a convoy, and load / unload, it's not worth the time.

Even if you simply did "10 people in convoy = equiv to overload bonus" "20 people in convoy = 2x overload bonus" With a rule of : you cannot start a mission until everyone has unloaded from the previous + you cannot unload until everyones loaded.

After 2x overload equiv bonus (20 players) there would be no further bonus, but if managed correctly it would still be fun and the newbies will still think it's better than soloing.
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Traviizter

Quote from: mick88 on February 21, 2012, 07:20
Brian's right, this is my sandbox and my toys. I use my position to ensure that game is fair...
...I do it only, because I believe it's fair for everyone.

Not being funny here, but house campers getting the houses everyone wants due to the current system, and more experienced players getting no more of a reward than newbies doesn't come across as fair to me and most other players. Just saying.

mick88

Quote from: Traviizter on February 21, 2012, 11:01
Quote from: mick88 on February 21, 2012, 07:20
Brian's right, this is my sandbox and my toys. I use my position to ensure that game is fair...
...I do it only, because I believe it's fair for everyone.

Not being funny here, but house campers getting the houses everyone wants due to the current system, and more experienced players getting no more of a reward than newbies doesn't come across as fair to me and most other players. Just saying.

The houses are equally available for everyone, that's fair. Obviously not everyone can get the house they want, because there's only 1 of each house.

If you suggest that players who have played longer should get money money, then we have different definitions of fairness.

Supra

To be completely honest,  I dont really like Konali's idea. Starting with XP and stuff would just be a whole new system, beside achievements. People are often saying they miss CVT without the achievements, but this would be even worse. The game wouldn't be about fun, it would just be a big competition about having most XP or highest level.

Konali

Quote from: Supra on February 21, 2012, 13:17
To be completely honest,  I dont really like Konali's idea. Starting with XP and stuff would just be a whole new system, beside achievements. People are often saying they miss CVT without the achievements, but this would be even worse. The game wouldn't be about fun, it would just be a big competition about having most XP or highest level.

Look thats how u see it i respect that. But i clearly stated above that there are maximum levels to reach. So it will never be a real competition because if u decide to not do it, all u loose is maybe 1200$ max. Its just a system where i encourage big convoys. I made this for the fun. I dont know if u was here when we had the 30+ convoys well that was fun.. Mick said no increase in convoybonusses. So thats why i thought of a manner to increase payout by doing up experience in convoys and unlock max 4-5 levels.

Simpliest thing to do would be: increase convoy bonusses, well thats a no so for the people that want really the convoy fun back and its a convoytrucking server after all i say suggest something then. Its easy to say no to my idea, but dont say my idea would stop the fun. Cause then clearly u have never been around here in those magic big convoys.
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Supra

Well okay, maybe I quite didnt understand all of your suggestion. I pictured like many levels and a whole new system where XP was in focus.
So I guess I'm sorry. The best would of course be to just simply put more bonus for more players, but as Mick dont want this, maybe yor solution is a working option.

You are right, I havent been here that long, and might not have experienced these "magic" convoys, but I have been in at least one 30+ players convoy, and there is no doubt it is epic. Its also how I met my best friend in here.

Dont get me wrong, I do want back the big convoys, but I dont want a huge change coming with it, having a totally new system(not saying yours have), I just simply want what was first suggested; More bonus for more players.

Konali

Quote from: Supra on February 21, 2012, 16:12
Well okay, maybe I quite didnt understand all of your suggestion. I pictured like many levels and a whole new system where XP was in focus.
So I guess I'm sorry. The best would of course be to just simply put more bonus for more players, but as Mick dont want this, maybe yor solution is a working option.

You are right, I havent been here that long, and might not have experienced these "magic" convoys, but I have been in at least one 30+ players convoy, and there is no doubt it is epic. Its also how I met my best friend in here.

Dont get me wrong, I do want back the big convoys, but I dont want a huge change coming with it, having a totally new system(not saying yours have), I just simply want what was first suggested; More bonus for more players.

Hey dude i wish that to xD but thats a no. Mick gave us a chance to come with good suggestions so i wrote mine. This way they can unlock bonusses by doing convoys, doing bigger convoys will unlock them faster :)
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Chauf