deMeritt Points

Started by Partyroo, January 21, 2012, 14:16

Partyroo

Ok, so over the past few days I have seen some people do some REALLY stupid things. Such as, overtaking a loaded fuel tanker on the inside of an acute corner. Now most of the reports are rage reports over idiots being idiots. But if we put in a new category for reckless driving, that could solve some of those fafs.

Now the main focus of this new category is so that if someone causes harm, from a bad accident, they get a deMeritt point. & say perhaps 5 within a month is a warn. That would give fair incentive for people to drive properly. For example, I have seen this so many times it's beyond a joke, San_Juan & San_Kira driving down the middle of the unknown location bridge. Down the middle of a 2 lane highway... & they only pull back into the lane when you are about half a foot away from hitting them.
Things like that, if proof is obtained, would be categorised in the "Reckless Driving" tab. It's about time something was done about this, because there seem to be more & more idiots doing this with no consequence. All they need to say is "Sorry, Lag" & they get away with it, IMO if you have lag it's your responsibility to make sure no one gets harmed by it.

This may sound like a QQ suggestion. But I seriously, I can guarantee if things like this happen to you (which it must have) you'd be quite agitated if the fool got away with it.

Imgur   | Youtube | Skype
Always remember, never be afraid to ask.
[hide=My Favourite Clubs!]
S.A Lowriders
Universal Trucking
San Andreas Fuel Association
GTA Modders[/hide]
Move along, move along.

Strato

Viper

YES and if they in the middle of the road how is it lag?
[SAP]Egert: viper and Boy arent brothers right?
DeHavilland: Nope
DeHavilland: Boy is from NL and Viper is from AUS

We aren't brothers, we just act like them.

Hobo

I like this! I hate people driving down the middle or cutting me off when they're in a tiny car and I'm in a big rig. And it's always my fault that I hit them as they pull in front of me. -_-
+1!!

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

TheSandman

Feel free to add or not, its a nice initiative. I normally just /fine or /kick :P
But thats me :O

I think i could name a lot of people that couldve lost 100000000000 demerits.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Geckco

no, itll be another reason why this server is going down the shitter.
Banned for show boating in game /warns like an immature child. Warnings are not cool, and are not to brag about.

Partyroo

Quote from: Geckco on January 21, 2012, 18:58
no, itll be another reason why this server is going down the shitter.

How? It's to target the idiot drivers. If you don't cause accidents then your fine. The server is not going down the shitter, just the old players we know & love are leaving. Being replaced by nubs, but we where all a newbie at one point, remember that.

Imgur   | Youtube | Skype
Always remember, never be afraid to ask.
[hide=My Favourite Clubs!]
S.A Lowriders
Universal Trucking
San Andreas Fuel Association
GTA Modders[/hide]
Move along, move along.