Police teams/squads

Started by CheesyTaco, December 22, 2011, 19:24

CheesyTaco

Hey everybody  :)

I was thinking about how to encourage cops to use police vehicles, and to work in team, when I had this idea:

The cops should have the opportunity to create a "squad" of 3 to 5 people maximum, similar to a convoy, for truckers. However, they must be driving a police car to create, or join one.

When they're not chasing any suspect, their work is the same as usual : Fines, Weight Control, etc, etc ... Each cop is minding his own business.
However, when the team leader chases a suspect (he press the sub-mission button, to ask him to stop), all squad members have no longer the ability to fine or control a truck driver, and must do everything to arrest the suspect. Yet, when the suspect will be arrested, all the cops belonging to the squad will earn a score point and will earn the premium for having arresting him.

In this way, cops will no longer driver Infernus or Civilian cars, will work in teams, and car chases will be more exciting !
Moreover, we could even make the arrests more difficult, like in some kind of "Cops & Robbers" servers, where the suspects must be stopped, for like 5 or 10 seconds, to be arrested and sent in Jail, so thiefs could also have the opportunity to run away from 5 police cars.

What do you think ?
:D

TheSandman

I like the idea in general, but the, 5 seconds running time i dont like. and the 'they must do everything'.
What if they are ont he other side of the map? lol.
Something could be changed + added but i dont know.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Deff

if one cop is in SF and other the leader and suspect chase in WC, how you expect him to help the leader?

CheesyTaco

Quote from: TheSnowman on December 22, 2011, 19:27
I like the idea in general, but the, 5 seconds running time i dont like. and the 'they must do everything'.

This would be the problem of the Squad Leader ! I don't think you would work, and arrest a suspect by yourself, so someone that didn't even followed you, and was fining a trucker on the opposite side of the map, earn a Score point.
Moreover, a cop could just create a squad when chasing a suspect with one or two other cops, and cancel it after the suspect gets arrested. In that way, each cop will have a score point, some cash, and noone will feel abused because of an arrest, stole by another cop.  ;)

Deff

A  better thing for increasing team work in cops, would be that all cops get the reward of any particular arrest , i mean if suspect is 4 stars, then all online cops will get 4K$ if suspect is arrested
BUT
fines and the arrest score will get only to that particular cop who arrested the suspect.

Konali

i like the basic idea:) some parts needed to be explored more abit and then it could be a great feature :)

+ infinite
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Shantta[RO]

Quote from: Konali ''CT xmas time '' :) :) on December 22, 2011, 20:36
i like the basic idea:) some parts needed to be explored more abit and then it could be a great feature :)

+ infinite

I so wanted to say exactly that... :D

Xero

This is a really interesting idea. What about something like, you can join a department, choose either San Fierro, Las Venturas, Los Santos or Wet County. You could have a boundary, if you go out of the boundary, you lose the squad, there would have to be some kind of warning saying you are too far from the squad. Boundaries could be as follows (I'm really bored right so I'm just doing this for fun lol)

San Fierro territories:
Angel Pine, Bone County, Blueberry and Bayside

Las Venturas Boundaries:
Bone County, Red County, Palamino Creek and WC up to Fir Island

Los Santos:
Angel Pine, Flint County, Palamino Creek and Blueberry

Wet County:
Everything in the islands up to Happyland.

I'm just gonna stop there cause this could be really confusing, but it could be used as an example of how the system could work :P Then the police clubs could have something to do lol

HeLiOn_PrImE

+1 for the idea but it might take a freakin' long while to script.
no animated signatures allowed

Deff

Quote from: Xero the Christmas Poo on December 22, 2011, 21:52
This is a really interesting idea. What about something like, you can join a department, choose either San Fierro, Las Venturas, Los Santos or Wet County. You could have a boundary, if you go out of the boundary, you lose the squad, there would have to be some kind of warning saying you are too far from the squad. Boundaries could be as follows (I'm really bored right so I'm just doing this for fun lol)

San Fierro territories:
Angel Pine, Bone County, Blueberry and Bayside

Las Venturas Boundaries:
Bone County, Red County, Palamino Creek and WC up to Fir Island

Los Santos:
Angel Pine, Flint County, Palamino Creek and Blueberry

Wet County:
Everything in the islands up to Happyland.

I'm just gonna stop there cause this could be really confusing, but it could be used as an example of how the system could work :P Then the police clubs could have something to do lol

but thief missions are not in limits of boundaries, it would be too easy for thieves to evade unless the cops keep using /kill to select different team (spawn actually)

bazingashane0

Quote from: Call me PrImE on December 22, 2011, 22:25
+1 for the idea but it might take a freakin' long while to script.
Not really you use the gang zone function i think it is of samp.

Quote from: mick88 on January 17, 2012, 08:10
You got your money for arrest, and he's out so you can arrest him again. You mad?

HavokmanNZ

hurrrr duurrrr

R16RACA

+1 for the basics, while combined with territories  could be a good idea.
Quote from: Deff on December 22, 2011, 23:21

but thief missions are not in limits of boundaries, it would be too easy for thieves to evade unless the cops keep using /kill to select different team (spawn actually)

and you would be able to set if is player is within range of suspect else leave team or something along those lines.

Mick is a master scripter, so im sure he'll figure out a way to do it somehow
[hide=when smokey tried to eat me]
Quote[15:00:41] <Rahail> R16 smoky wants you!
[15:00:58] <R16RACA> ahhh!
[15:01:15] <Rahail> the fuck 530kph on FREway
[/hide]
[hide=Konali summing me up]
Quote from: KonaliR16 u where maybe a quiet guy, but you are one of the smartest persons i have seen here and i never saw u gettin in trouble. U are a role model for alot players that cant behave and i will really really miss you.
[/hide]
[hide=quotes from Mick]
Quote from: Mick88*Mick88 announced: Fuuuuuu!
Quote from: Mick88"fuck off" is merely a kind request
Quote from: mick88
New theme is so sexy I want to make love to it
[/hide]
[hide=why ELM is not allowed here]It is not allowed as it is a mod that can be seen by other truckers, who might not want to look at flashing lights all the time. This is why only non laggy mods that only you can see are allowed.[/hide]

Supralisma

Wouldn't it be unfair if one squad member is in SF, when the rest of squad is in WC and manages to arrest the suspect, and the one in SF also gets money and score for doing... nothing?

CheesyTaco

Quote from: CheesyTaco on December 22, 2011, 19:34
Quote from: TheSnowman on December 22, 2011, 19:27

This would be the problem of the Squad Leader ! I don't think you would work, and arrest a suspect by yourself, so someone that didn't even followed you, and was fining a trucker on the opposite side of the map, earn a Score point.
Moreover, a cop could just create a squad when chasing a suspect with one or two other cops, and cancel it after the suspect gets arrested. In that way, each cop will have a score point, some cash, and noone will feel abused because of an arrest, stole by another cop.  ;)