Spammy chat

Started by Shantta[RO], December 19, 2011, 15:53

Shantta[RO]

Since we got 90 player slots, and a lot more players doing a lot more missions, the chat screen is really spammy. It's hard really to follow a conversation in peak hours.

My suggestion is to get rid of the "X delivered Y from A to B" piece of text that is francly useless if you ask me. This eighter should be removed all together or it could be added in /settings so some players can enable it and some can disable it.

This would really fix this problem totally.

DJ_Smashon

just make the chat longer i dont remember the cmd
A.K.A NaftaTorque
Old ID=9149

TheSandman

Quote from: DJ_Smashon on December 19, 2011, 15:56
/page size 10-20. Depending on the lines.

As for the suggestion, i agree with it, and also an option to set the following:
-Players Chat.
-Players Deliveries/Arrests/Steals etc.
But you wouldnt be able to turn off announcements, (shop/admin) or the random blue messages.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Shantta[RO]

Quote from: TheSnowman on December 19, 2011, 16:28
Quote from: DJ_Smashon on December 19, 2011, 15:56
/page size 10-20. Depending on the lines.

As for the suggestion, i agree with it, and also an option to set the following:
-Players Chat.
-Players Deliveries/Arrests/Steals etc.
But you wouldnt be able to turn off announcements, (shop/admin) or the random blue messages.

yep

Ethan

if a conversation your having is hard to follow, get teamspeak/vent/skype and talk rather than type it. or simply change CBs

mick88

At least we have CB radios, so some players go use different channels.

TheSandman

At least we do, but people dont use them as often some would like.
Major example: Big events, races etc. Its hard getting say, 20+ people into one CB channel, let alone as convoy to do a countdown timer.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Shantta[RO]

Yes, but I am talking about the quantity of screen information. Even if you are in a /cb channel, it still gets spammed by messages that people don't really need to know:
Officer X arrested Y
X delivered Y from A to B

I for one don't need to know this and prefer to leave my chat box clear of these. If I could have that in settings, it would be perfect, and I believe (or I like to) that a lot of people are in my situation.

HeLiOn_PrImE

+1 those messages are useless. You should at least make the option to filter the chat. To decide what kind of information we get in it. from PM-s to announcements and deliveries
no animated signatures allowed

Ethan

so you want a cb channel or something that exclusively shows your chat thats in a cb?

HeLiOn_PrImE

I was suggesting a filtering menu, but I guess your idea is easier to make, so yeah :).
no animated signatures allowed

Joshy

It's a good suggestion. Might take a while to script though.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

$nake

Quote from: Joshy on December 19, 2011, 22:01
It's a good suggestion. Might take a while to script though.
+1!

Deff

yeah, we cant read any full sentence in mainchat without doing page up, but then we lag behind, because our reading speed is less with respect  to mainchat
something has to be done about the spammy chat... maybe making those missions invisible to others, and we can view things only which we dilevered

or

making more strict rules regarding mainchat, like making it compulsory to use cb channels

[GER]Melissa

I agree, its a good idea, especially if u are able to turn on and turn of this informations.
In my opinion it isnt really necessary to see, who finished a mission if he isnt in your convoy.