The House Camping issue

Started by mircea9892004, November 08, 2011, 21:12

mircea9892004

The best way to resolve this is to make house-buying back the way it was and to compare situations:

- OLD way:
Random guy raises money, dreams of 5 slot house.
5 slot house is sold, Random guy doesn't have enough money, let's it pass, house is bought by someone else.
Random guy raises all the money and waits for another 5 slot to become available.
When it does, sells old house races to the house and buys it, victory! (other random guys with all the money should have made it first to the house).

- NEW way:

Random guy raises money, dreams of 5 slot house, random guy has all the money.
5 slot is sold, Random guy cannot buy it for 24 hours (if I remember correctly).
24 hours gives time to a horde of random guys to raise the money by their particular means (borrow, sell stuff, etc.)
When house becomes available, random guy and the horde sell their house and race off to buy the new one.
In anticipation of this, some sell the house in advance, so when it becomes available, all they have to do is buy it.
Other random guys think the same. In anticipation, each one chooses to stick close to the house, to make it before the others, so naturally they start camping, not willing to allow anyone to get it before them.

So, the new way is bad because it allows anticipation of the moment the house becomes available, so more get the money, more get prepared for the moment, more know what they're up against and try to anticipate everything, so in the end, the house is bought by a lucky motherfucker, who probably had no clue about what was going on and just proceeded like in the OLD way.
In comparison, the old way doesn't allow anticipation, the moment the house becomes available, 'there's not time to evaluate the opposition and take measures, so the number of random guys who would have all the money at that moment will be far less, and IF there would even be more then 1, the fastest should get the house. Thus, no camping, no issues, no complaints about fairness.
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Ethan

Quote from: Xero on November 07, 2011, 04:09
A suggestion to maybe help the situation. When a player sells a house, it doesn't show up as "Not available" or in the /forsale command but goes invisible, has no icon but will still become available when it's random timer ends.
Best Idea Ever
I prefer Xero's suggestion

your basically summarizing the current way the house market is done now

$nake

Quote from: Ethan on November 08, 2011, 21:23
Quote from: Xero on November 07, 2011, 04:09
A suggestion to maybe help the situation. When a player sells a house, it doesn't show up as "Not available" or in the /forsale command but goes invisible, has no icon but will still become available when it's random timer ends.
Best Idea Ever
I prefer Xero's suggestion

your basically summarizing the current way the house market is done now
yup, campers shouldnt know what is the number of non-available house(s)..

mircea9892004

I guess that would be a compromise. I was not summarizing, I was suggesting to make things back the way they were, but keeping the house off the grid until it becomes available could work just in the same way, but it only makes me wonder this: if it would stay off the radar the whole day, why keep this system? why does a house have to stay 24 hours before it can be bought? even though no-one would know it?
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Xero

The timer would still be in effect so that house trading isn't an option.

HeLiOn_PrImE

How about making the house available after a random time (let's say between 16 and 32 hours)?
No one knows when it becomes available and getting it remains a matter of pure luck. Only this time you won't have campers waiting for it. First come first served.
People might still camp, I agree, but I don't know how many are willing to wait up to 16 hours for a house (presuming the chosen time is like 30 hours and a half). If they do wait (Desperate Housecampers LOL =)) ) , then their effort will be well payed.
no animated signatures allowed

Storm94

Quote from: helion_prime on November 13, 2011, 22:31
How about making the house available after a random time (let's say between 16 and 32 hours)?
No one knows when it becomes available and getting it remains a matter of pure luck. Only this time you won't have campers waiting for it. First come first served.
People might still camp, I agree, but I don't know how many are willing to wait up to 16 hours for a house (presuming the chosen time is like 30 hours and a half). If they do wait (Desperate Housecampers LOL =)) ) , then their effort will be well payed.

:seriously_guy: :ukiddn: :ukiddn: :ukiddn: Thats the current house system, except its 1-24 hours. This will solve nothing.

I'm back, bitches :D

[glow=#282828,10,500]"I dislike Apple, so no." -mick88
"$nake honestly you are one arrogant prick." -Shane0
"The rest of you who I could consider trolls, just go fuck yourself." -Joshy
"TheGame, All I have to say is you complain a lot, and you're probally gonna be an even more arrogant, pompous jackass after this." -RaceRX
"I have a suggestion: Repost this in a respectful manner without caps, silly colors and big fonts, and perhaps someone will give a fuck about your complaint." -mick88
[/glow]

Can't read my quotes? Stop using the white style.

R16RACA

Did you ever consider that there was a reason behind the change?  :gtfo:
[hide=when smokey tried to eat me]
Quote[15:00:41] <Rahail> R16 smoky wants you!
[15:00:58] <R16RACA> ahhh!
[15:01:15] <Rahail> the fuck 530kph on FREway
[/hide]
[hide=Konali summing me up]
Quote from: KonaliR16 u where maybe a quiet guy, but you are one of the smartest persons i have seen here and i never saw u gettin in trouble. U are a role model for alot players that cant behave and i will really really miss you.
[/hide]
[hide=quotes from Mick]
Quote from: Mick88*Mick88 announced: Fuuuuuu!
Quote from: Mick88"fuck off" is merely a kind request
Quote from: mick88
New theme is so sexy I want to make love to it
[/hide]
[hide=why ELM is not allowed here]It is not allowed as it is a mod that can be seen by other truckers, who might not want to look at flashing lights all the time. This is why only non laggy mods that only you can see are allowed.[/hide]

HeLiOn_PrImE

I take back my words.....I didn't know...

TheGame

Please add this...
Today there was a 4 slots forsale what i really wanted but i had school ...
Then there was a camper (Rahail i saw you) and they will normally get it...

Anri

guys if i needed a house i would camp there , whats the prob , what im doing wrong here , can sb me explain wtf im doing wrong???
IM just staying near a house and waiting for it to be available , if im not harming anybody while camping WHATS THE FUCKING PROBLEM ? Why u call it unfair ????? HUH ???

HELL YEAH !
Quote from: Ethan on February 02, 2012, 21:38
EDIT:

Hope to never see your name on this server again after what you did this afternoon anri

HeLiOn_PrImE

It's kind of like forbidding people from a poor country to sit in the line for fresh food.

Anri

Quote from: Ethan on February 02, 2012, 21:38
EDIT:

Hope to never see your name on this server again after what you did this afternoon anri

$nake

Quote from: helion_prime on November 14, 2011, 18:50
It's kind of like forbidding people from a poor country to sit in the line for fresh food.
its not real life guys :)

every camper should be banned for 30 days just for camping, coz its unfair that faster one will buy
a house, and winner will be the closest camper.. btw by camping - u r getting % to ur bank value..

HeLiOn_PrImE

It's unfair that someone worked harder and smarter than you?